WYO Goat Down!

Congrats!Can you tell my Elk how to run to the truck?They all run downhill into the deepest ravines in the area.:cool:

Awesome job!!

I travel all over Wyoming for my work and this is no doubt the best year for goats that I have seen since 2011. Big bucks are literally everywhere in all units and parts of the state. I cannot think of a single region that I have not seen a big buck during my travels including northern and eastern Wyoming which typically have lower trophy quality.

Literally crawling with them this year so anyone who has a tag this year should be in for a good hunt.

A couple years ago we drove from Buffalo down to Worland. From our entry into WY on I-90 the goat population seemed to be down. I commented to the lady in the motel about the paucity of lopes and she made some comment about the WGFD being in bed with the Monsantos of the world.

A couple years ago we drove from Buffalo down to Worland. From our entry into WY on I-90 the goat population seemed to be down. I commented to the lady in the motel about the paucity of lopes and she made some comment about the WGFD being in bed with the Monsantos of the world.

Another alternate explanation could be the very low grade antelope habitat most of the way between Buffalo and Worland :)

I lived in Worland for most of my life until I moved to Casper. There was never the herds back that way like you see out in central Wyoming, They grow some dandies out there but its never supported a large population.

Another alternate explanation could be the very low grade antelope habitat most of the way between Buffalo and Worland :)

Even down around Ten Sleep they seemed invisible or nonexistent. Not much along the interstate either. Lotsa sugar beets in the area so maybe the chemicals applied to them were what she was referring to. On the way back we went from Jackson to Pinedale to Rock springs and east on I-80. The number of animals viewed from the road on that stretch was not many.

Last edited:
Even down around Ten Sleep they seemed invisible or nonexistent. Not much along the interstate either. Lotsa sugar beets in the area so maybe the chemicals applied to them were what she was referring to.

I was making a joke because 2/3 of the distance from Buffalo to Worland is mountainous terrain that does not hold antelope.

I was making a joke because 2/3 of the distance from Buffalo to Worland is mountainous terrain that does not hold antelope.

I know cuz my wifey was scared shitless the whole 2/3. Even in what I thought would be decent lope country they were almost nonexistent.

Haha my wife gets scared too in Ten Sleep canyon as I am driving and looking for sheep, moose, elk, etc

I love that drive through the Canyon, but it can get a little hairy on those switchbacks if you don't slow way down like the signs say. A big bull jumped the guardrail one night just east of the switchbacks and glanced off the side of a friends PU taking off the mirror, denting the side and ruining the front of his popup camper. There were ever scrapes in the side window from the bull's brow tines, but the bull was okay and my two friends were lucky because it was just a glancing blow and they were able to stay on the road and get on down to the camp I had set up.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back