Dreams come true

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Dreamed of Dall sheep hunting for forty years. Was set to do it in 1999 with my Grandfather who was an AK resident, but it got cancelled at the last minute. Nineteen years later, another chance came my way.

Left Montana in late July, did Sitka Blacktail and wrapped up the trip with an OTC Dall Sheep hike in backpack hunt. Never expected I'd get to do it, but a new outfitter offered me a price I couldn't turn down if me and Marcus would film it.

Too tired to type the entire story. Hopefully pics will suffice.

Nine year old ram on Day Six of the sheep trip, Day Four of hunting.
20180819_081448.jpg

Marcus' ten year old ram on Day Nine. Been a long time since I've seen a person work as hard for an animal as Marcus worked for this ram. Very happy for him.

34680.jpg

Also in camp was Tim Burnett of Solo Hunter. He shot a great nine year old ram, also. Waiting for a pic from him.

Thirteen mile pack out on Day Ten made me realize my body doesn't like some of the things my heart and mind put it through.

Will have the day by day version up on YouTube by mid-September.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a dream hunt for sure, plus a big one from your bucket list.

Looking forward to the full story.

Dan

Congratulations Randy, I’m having a hard time thinking of someone that deserved a Ram more than you.

As Paul Harvey used to say "And now, the rest of the story". Should be a great episode

Those are fine rams. Mounts will be gorgeous. I found that sheep meat is even better tasting than elk or moose to my palate. Savor the memories, they will never leave you. GJ

Congrats Randy!

Incredible accomplishment.

I'm very glad that your friends talked you into going, even though you questioned it due to your diy public land platforms.

Very few are able to experience the grand places these rams live.

Enjoy! As I'm sure you are.

I love seeing posts/hearing stories like this. A big congratulations and I am looking forward to the videos!

Absolutely fantastic! My back hurts just thinking about packing camp and 3 rams that far... congrats Fin!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back