PEAX Equipment

Pack out service for hire? SW Montana

Lineman300

Anyone know anyone that offers a pack service for hire around the 327 unit in sw montana

Sorta...there was a guide out of Dillon that would do it for you. I don't recall the price or the name. But, if I needed one, that would be where I would start anyway.

Just make sure they are a licensed outfitter with the state of MT an permitted to operate on the Forest Service Ranger District you are in.

A friend had told me at one time he had used someone in Lakeview, I assumed it was Centennial Outfitters but do not know that for sure .

I would start by figuring out who is licensed on the public land (I presume) you are looking at, I think Centennial outfitters has BLM permits there. The board of outfitters is generally quite helpful, I’d call and ask, then contact the outfitter. There are big fires in the ennis and Dillon areas right now which means lots of Feds are unavailable. For that reason I’d start by calling outfitter licensing in Helena.

Just make sure they are a licensed outfitter with the state of MT an permitted to operate on the Forest Service Ranger District you are in.
I didn't know this... so if I was to pay the guy in the adjacent camp to pack out an elk he could be charged with outfitting without a license?

Of all the crazy things I've read from you over the years Rob, this one takes the cake.
You know BHR, I've still got you set on ignore, but I have been reading your recent posts since they seemed relevant. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that you would chime in with some asshole comment aimed at me on a topic you weren't even involved in.

I would ask you why you think hauling out an elk needs to be regulated, but it is funner knowing that it bothers you so much being on my ignore list. It is an exclusive club, consisting entirely of you. So go ahead and take pot shots at me. I, and I'm sure most people, find it amusing you do so when everyone knows I don't even read your posts. I don't even care enough to be embarrassed on your behalf for your obsession.

Cheers...
rg

I didn't know this... so if I was to pay the guy in the adjacent camp to pack out an elk he could be charged with outfitting without a license?

I've had friends bring in horses and pack out bulls for me. Then we sat on the tailgate and drank a six pack. Hope neither of us were in violation. mtmuley

Hauling an elk out needs to be regulated because it is under the definition of activities included as outfitting. It most certainly can impact a resource, wouldn’t you agree? If I set up shop packing camps in and elk out, wouldn’t that potentially impact both a resource as well as the quality of the hunt? Do you want this to happened in your hunting area?

You know BHR, I've still got you set on ignore, but I have been reading your recent posts since they seemed relevant. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that you would chime in with some asshole comment aimed at me on a topic you weren't even involved in.

I would ask you why you think hauling out an elk needs to be regulated, but it is funner knowing that it bothers you so much being on my ignore list. It is an exclusive club, consisting entirely of you. So go ahead and take pot shots at me. I, and I'm sure most people, find it amusing you do so when everyone knows I don't even read your posts. I don't even care enough to be embarrassed on your behalf for your obsession.

Cheers...
rg

Bundy considers paying his grazing fees BS. You think outfitting having to be regulated is BS. Carry on Rob.

I've had friends bring in horses and pack out bulls for me. Then we sat on the tailgate and drank a six pack. Hope neither of us were in violation. mtmuley

Entirely different scenario. If you came over and drank a six pack while helping me install cabinets, that wouldn’t be contracting would it? What if I called you up and said I’ll give you five Benjamin’s? I think you’d agree one is a commercial activity and the other is not.

Back