Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Elk archery strategy 101

Sytes

How do you and your partner(s) strategize your elk archery calling, shooting lane setup?

Personally,
I have a couple wallows to check for recent activity that I've learned the shooting lanes and call locations. That simplifies the archery hunt process. However, this year we're off to our rifle hunt area for archery. I know of one wallow location that a futz stick due to the b.s. no corner crossing law in MT - makes that location a big B to reach.

So, you've done your research, map eval for coolies, etc possible wallow locations - too far to travel to scout for sign.

Do you give a few cow calls while traversing the terrain? Setup areas for an occasions short satellite bugle wimper call?

How do you go about exploring, calling, setting up decoys, use elk piss? How far for the caller from the shooter(s)... Etc.

Elk archery... When that screaming, gutteral snort, racking bushes - heart pounding awesomeness that ensues... Then the shot.

Man elk archery has to be the Pinnacle of archery hunts!

Preference on elk decoys? Placement of elk decoys? Use of cow wizz on decoys? Time is ticking and elk archery is closing in. Tips? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back