Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Any recommendations on a dog vest...

Nick87

This will be my first year hunting with my lab on water, I'm looking to get her a vest for later in the season. Also I'm trying to find one with the protective chest piece as we hunt an old gravel pit frequently and there is some debris along some of the banks, ie concrete and rebar. Shouldn't be anyweather near it but nonetheless I worry about it. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Ive used an avery for many years. Take your dog into the store and fit him. Dont be afraid to trim neck and leg holes. If you ever hunt out of a boat you'll appreciate the handles.

Also, condition your dog ro it before the season and know when to put it on and take it off. Most owners will put it on too soon in the season, overheat the dog.

I've got a few, the avery works great and so does the rig 'em right vest. like 406 said make sure you do some trimming.. i always put it on her then mark in sharpie where its tight or rubbing. I would like to find a nice chest protector without any insulation for when its hot out though

Avery or Cabela’s both have decent vests. The last one I used was a 5 mm banded vest. It has lasted about 4 years and that’s in the field 30 days a year.

Thanks guys! Sandy creek I also have been looking for something like you mentioned but haven't exactly found the right one yet

Avery has worked well for my pup as well. I don't duck hunt a whole lot with her, but when it's chilly it seems to help her stay a bit warmer. She's a smaller lab so I had to trim the leg holes quite a bit.

Avery makes a good vest. Make sure to trim like everyone suggests! Otherwise, the pup will think of it as punishment. The neoprene rubbed my pup's armpits were rubbed raw!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back