Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Screaming Good Deal

Big Sky

This is a national mark-down. If they don't have the correct price on the display, they may have to scan the gun box itself.

Ruger Mini 14 399
Glossy walnut Vanguard 349
Synthetic Vanguard 249
Savage Axis Camo Combo 199
Stevens Pump shotgun in Muddy Girl Camo 99
Go get 'em.

I copied this from another site. I thought the prices were too good to be true, but decided to drive into Great Falls, MT and check just in case. The newer Walmart didn't have any of the guns, but the older one had one Weatherby synthetic and 3 Deluxe Walnut models. Neither had the mini 14, and I didn't notice whether they had the Savage or the Stevens guns because I had no interest in them. None of the guns were marked down. I had to ask them to use their hand held scanner to check the price. They were shocked at the crazy low prices on the Weatherby's. I bought the very last and only synthetic Vanguard in Great Falls. They have 3 Deluxe Walnut left for $349.00 each even though they are marked $499.99. Remember you might have to push a little to get them to price check for the clearance sale, but they should be on sale. None of the clerks or managers had a clue the guns were on sale until I had them do the electronic price check. It was worth the hassle. I mean how often can you buy a brand new off the shelf synthetic stocked Weatherby for $249.00? The answer is pretty much NEVER!

That is a fantastic deal Troy.

It is fantastic bad timing that I posted a Vanguard .243 in the classifieds yesterday. :)

Just grabbed the last Savage Axis at the Laramie Wal Mart. Everything else was sold out.

Perfect timing as my daughter turn's 11 in a couple of weeks and a little .243 is just right for her.

Picked up a 308. They also had a 3006 at Wally world in WI. So it's national

Glad some of you were able to take advantage of the deal. It's pretty safe to say you'll not likely ever see a Vanguard new on the shelf for $249.00 ever again.

Glad some of you were able to take advantage of the deal. It's pretty safe to say you'll not likely ever see a Vanguard new on the shelf for $249.00 ever again.

They guy at the store in Laramie said that they sold out of the synthetic vanguards when the first price drop, none made it to the $249. He also said the reason was Weatherby was getting rid of all the Howa made Vanguard rifles from overseas in anticipation of the new factory in Cody producing future models.

I would definitely agree on ever seeing this again as I doubt an American made Weatherby will be priced as low as these Howa models are.

Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
I took a tour of south central Kansas WalMart stores in an attempt to find a deal. The first four stores visited had the heavy barreled Savage/scope combo in 6.5 manbun for their standard price. I finally scored a Savage '06 regular barrel/Bushnell scope for the OP price, and then for good measure lowered the Vanguard inventory by one with a .308 purchase. That rifle was calling out my name the whole time is was waiting for the helpful but slightly clueless sporting goods associate. The store's manager was more in tune with the process, but it did take her over 30 minutes searching for the box that had the bolt of the Savage.

There was still on sale Vanguards in '06 and 270 with synthetic stocks, and an '06 with the glossy wooden stock. A youth model (pink flecks in the stock) Savage in .243 was also in the cabinet.

Thanks for the heads-up Troy!

They guy at the store in Laramie said that they sold out of the synthetic vanguards when the first price drop, none made it to the $249. He also said the reason was Weatherby was getting rid of all the Howa made Vanguard rifles from overseas in anticipation of the new factory in Cody producing future models.

I would definitely agree on ever seeing this again as I doubt an American made Weatherby will be priced as low as these Howa models are.

Thanks for the tip.

I think the new Weatherby plant is going to be in Sheridan not Cody.

I grabbed a synthetic 06 this morning. Between myself and two buddies we grabbed up 6 of the vanguards. Thanks for the heads up killer deal....

No Weatherby's in Iowa :( so I grabbed a Savage Muddy girl .243 and a Savage Axis camo combo in .308. Both for $199.00. The lady stated: "no way are we selling them at that price".... scanned and surprise :) Thanks for the heads up.

good luck to all
the dog

Picked up the synthetic Weatherby in .308 Friday on my way home. The girl working the counter said they had sold 4 of the clearance guns on her shift.

Thanks for the heads up! My brother and I grabbed the two Weatherby's 30-06 that were in stock. One synthetic and one walnut. They also had the .270 and .243 in stock.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back