MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

VX3 vs. VX3i

thomas89

Got a chance at a VX-3 3.5-10 for $247.

Was holding out for a VX-3i but curious as to the difference in the old model (VX-3)? Or if this is a good deal or not.

Is it possible to get a CDS dial built for this rifle?

I think it's possible to retrofit the elevation adjustment in a non cds and have a dial etched. Give em a call to nail down the economics.

Thanks Harley, to the tune of $230 + tax to retrofit and etch a dial. Ehh, maybe just work on a hold over chart.

Got a chance at a VX-3 3.5-10 for $247.

Was holding out for a VX-3i but curious as to the difference in the old model (VX-3)? Or if this is a good deal or not.

Is it possible to get a CDS dial built for this rifle?

That's a good deal, assuming it's in good condition. Normal going rate on various forums for that scope would be $275-$325 shipped.

Another option if you get it is to have the reticle changed to an LR reticle. I had this done on an old style vxi for 70 and also have the same reticle on a vxii and it works quite well.

I think they might have a reticle now with elevation and wind adjustment which I would actually prefer if I could get it.

Scope was new in box. Got it mounted on a 7mm-08 now.

Will see how it does this year, should just be a decent all around scope. Can't do much worse than the Vortex I got that let a lens loose first afternoon out after antelope.

I think you'll be happy. I paid somewhere around that for my , vxii 4-12. I'm pretty happy with the image out to 300 yards. Don't have any experience with the high $$ ones, but I'm not sure how much more optic I need to shoot an animal I've already spotted from 300 yards during legal hours anyhow.

I prefer the VX3 over the VX3i. I have two VX3i's but many more VX3 models. The only variation between them that makes any difference to me is the VX3 has a rubber around the eye piece.
Other than that any other differences are pretty well no issues to me. Sounds minor but that little piece of rubber gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Given the choice and need I would purchase a NIB or LNIB VX3 over a VX3i here on out. All that said I never been hit with a scope or got a scope eye. But one of these days I reckon I will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back