Yeti GOBOX Collection

NR Wyoming Mule Deer Questions?

JonathonJEB

I think I have the antelope process figured out pretty good. But the deer and elk process throw me for a loop. My problems come up with the general tags. Im going to use NR Deer Units 10 and 22 for example just because they were the first two type 1 antlered deer tags on the 2018 PP Draw Odds. I dont know anything about those units and dont want to know just trying to figure out how this works and if some one could dumb it down for me that would be great. The problem Im having is that I see unit 10 took 5 pp to draw in the regular and unit 22 took >3 to draw, but you could draw a general B tag 100% with >1. My questions would be 1. Are the Unit 10 and 22 Type 1 antlered deer tags the only mule deer tags in that region or are the 930 General B tags for mule deer? 2. What and where can you hunt if you drew the General B tag? 3. What is the difference between putting in for a specific unit or a general region? Thanks for the time.

I think I have the antelope process figured out pretty good. But the deer and elk process throw me for a loop. My problems come up with the general tags. Im going to use NR Deer Units 10 and 22 for example just because they were the first two type 1 antlered deer tags on the 2018 PP Draw Odds. I dont know anything about those units and dont want to know just trying to figure out how this works and if some one could dumb it down for me that would be great. The problem Im having is that I see unit 10 took 5 pp to draw in the regular and unit 22 took >3 to draw, but you could draw a general B tag 100% with >1. My questions would be 1. Are the Unit 10 and 22 Type 1 antlered deer tags the only mule deer tags in that region or are the 930 General B tags for mule deer? 2. What and where can you hunt if you drew the General B tag? 3. What is the difference between putting in for a specific unit or a general region? Thanks for the time.

Look at the regulations.

A unit will either show Gen or Limited Quota. A gen tag is only valid for gen areas. The reason that 10-1 and 22-1 are the first on the report is those are the first two Limited Quota units.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/REGULATIONS_CH6.pdf

You can look at the reg or the map to determine which areas are valid for which gen region. Region B is 7-9, 11-14, 12. The units in red under each region description are limited quota.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/REGULATIONS_CH6_MAP.pdf

Thanks. So if I drew a gen B tag I could hunt 7-9 11-14 & 12 just not 10 and 22? Is the gen tag a type 1 tag or any buck?

Thanks I think I get it now after looking at both links. If I drew a general b tag I could hunt all the units except 10 and 22 and each of the units have different dates and Species. Thanks

Thanks I think I get it now after looking at both links. If I drew a general b tag I could hunt all the units except 10 and 22 and each of the units have different dates and Species. Thanks

Yes- you would not be able to hunt 10 or 22 with a Region B tag, but you could hunt the other areas in Region B. The people who drew the area 10-1 and 22-1 tags can only hunt the area they drew. They manage those two areas separate of the others in Region B.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back