Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Backcountry Gear and Food List

mr_steve

I just filmed a friend's dall sheep hunt and in preparation I made some backcountry gear/food videos. Not claiming to be an expert just showing what I did. Everything went well as far as gear and food but I'm always looking to improve my list. Thoughts and ideas?

[video=youtube_share;OEN2RQGHr3k]https://youtu.be/OEN2RQGHr3k[/video]

[video=youtube_share;fHS7umdFuxI]https://youtu.be/fHS7umdFuxI[/video]

Total Calories Per Day: 2,930
Avg Calories Per Oz: 130
1.4 Lbs of Food Per Day

I love the pack dump video. I have watched probably 100s of them and everyone is different and it truly is all about what works for you. I used gators for the first time last year and I love them. The year before I tried trekking poles for the first time and now I won't go without them. Both of those items I saw repeated in pack dump videos enough that I gave them a chance, and I am glad I did. I found that gear is constantly evolving for me. Some years I carry more then others but I have found that an extra pound of "comfort items" really helps with moral and for me is worth the extra weight.

Thanks for the videos, Matt

Nice videos. Always good to recap before the season starts. X2 on the trekking poles blue Jeep. Wish I discovered how awesome they are years ago.

I love the pack dump video. I have watched probably 100s of them and everyone is different and it truly is all about what works for you. I used gators for the first time last year and I love them. The year before I tried trekking poles for the first time and now I won't go without them. Both of those items I saw repeated in pack dump videos enough that I gave them a chance, and I am glad I did. I found that gear is constantly evolving for me. Some years I carry more then others but I have found that an extra pound of "comfort items" really helps with moral and for me is worth the extra weight.

Thanks for the videos, Matt

Thanks Matt! Love some good comfort items. My favorite is the sleeping bag liner. It's like having flannel sheets. I would never go without.

Definitely won't leave without trekking poles and gaiters now that I have used them. An ever evolving process to find what you like!

Thanks for sharing! My list is always evolving, and I am excited to use trekking poles for the first time this year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back