PEAX Equipment

MT Senator race: Public Lands

I still can't believe there's actual montanan's who prefer a real estate developer from maryland over a wheat farmer from Montana, often while b!tchin' about coasties moving to montana.

It must be interesting to proudly proclaim your U.S. Senators and House Congressional members were born in Washington, your state... Oh wait, maybe not ;)

I still can't believe there's actual montana transplants who prefer a real estate developer from maryland over a wheat farmer from Montana, often while b!tchin' about coasties moving to montana.

Fixed it for you.

Considering Kathleen Williams, a Berkeley San Francisco transplant, I can empathize with Montana's concern over transplants... ;)

I still can't believe there's actual montanan's who prefer a real estate developer from maryland over a wheat farmer from Montana, often while b!tchin' about coasties moving to montana.

Lesser of two evils for sure. A partisan might also say I cant believe there are real Montanans, transplant or otherwise that would vote for a Democrat.

Last edited:
Considering Kathleen Williams, a Berkeley San Francisco transplant, I can empathize with Montana's concern over transplants... ;)

Jones said he was looking for someone that could fog a mirror. Do they teach that in Berkeley, or is it considered polluting the environment?

I don’t agree with Tester on his economic policies, but he’s solid on 2A and PLT. Both of those issues rank very high on my list of priorities.

My hope is that after several failed attempts, the MT Republican party will realize that PLT is a losing issue. My fear, though, is that they are not the ones making the calls.

Jones said he was looking for someone that could fog a mirror. Do they teach that in Berkeley, or is it considered polluting the environment?

I believe, it is Berkeley protected free non toxic fogging speech HOWEVER, If opposing views, "the right of the people peaceably to assemble" is swapped for, "right of Berkeley to use toxic violent actions intent to refuse opposing views to peacefully assemble and speak."

Just saw Rosendale's new "I'm a public lands advocate" political TV ad.
I may be voting with you now, Sytes:D
I hope someone can find it and post a link - worth the laughs...............

My hope is that after several failed attempts, the MT Republican party will realize that PLT is a losing issue. My fear, though, is that they are not the ones making the calls.

I was told by some MT Republican leaders to calm down on my comments about Public Land Transfer, as they would be removing it from the party platform.

Nope, still in the MT Republican platform for 2018. So much for the supposed change in PLT.

And we're supposed to believe the "new Matt Rosendale" has made a 180 degree change from his anti-public land positions Rosendale advocated during his time in the Legislature and on the State Land Board.

Yeah, right.

it's a one way transfer. Once it goes private, it doesn't come back public. Trickle by trickle, acre by acre

Saying that Tester's fate lies with this upcoming vote means that I am willing to give him a pass on his previous poor judgement when it comes to Supreme Court candidates. Kavanaugh is qualified. Should be an easy vote.

I will not be voting for Tester.

Well color me surprised. You are a funny guy Paul.

And we're supposed to believe the "new Matt Rosendale" has made a 180 degree change from his anti-public land positions Rosendale advocated during his time in the Legislature and on the State Land Board.

Yeah, right.

Spot on.

From his time in the Montana Legislature, where he repeatedly showed an apathy or disdain towards volunteer firemen, the environment, public land hunters and fisherman, as well as opposition to the Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribal Water Compact, he has a rich record of absolutely terrible judgement.

Move on to the Land Board, where his defective priorities were even more obvious. (Good letter to the editor from Schaaf)

It's obvious in his heart he still wants PLT and I can't help but think you'd be a sucker to think otherwise.

I don't agree with Tester on everything but he's genuine and works hard and is relatively effective (Trump has signed 20 of his bills into law). On top of that, he said hi to me in the Costco parking lot last week.

Easy decision. I'll be voting for Tester.

I'm not laughing.

After watching the national disgrace last week by our elected officials, I will be fully supporting term limits for congress going forward.

Time for a house cleaning.

Term limits are training wheels for people who can't vote and don't understand how democracy is supposed to work.

Tester is a good man, and an honest broker who seeks to bridge divides. Easy vote for me, and I'm proud to call him a friend.

Term limits are training wheels for people who can't vote and don't understand how democracy is supposed to work.

Tester is a good man, and an honest broker who seeks to bridge divides. Easy vote for me, and I'm proud to call him a friend.

Good thing we have training wheels for our presidential elections, right Ben. Election is about a month out. Don't want to hear any complaining about how democracy worked on that day from you.;)

Good thing we have training wheels for our presidential elections, right Ben. Election is about a month out. Don't want to hear any complaining about how democracy worked on that day from you.;)

The 2 term limit on the president is to avoid dictators. It's a precedent set by Washington, and only broken by FDR. That's why we have the 22nd amendment. It's to ensure that no one person has that much power of a long period of time, because we used to understand what concentrated power does in terms of corruption and abuse of authority. To try and use that as a comparison for term limits for congress is silly.

I'll not complain about the process, but I may complain about the outcome. It's my right as a voter and someone who works to elect people I feel will best represent my interests and the best interests of the state.

Term limits are the reason Montana has so many stupid fights at the legislature. When you have long term electeds, they tend to stop the banal BS and focus on the important things. We routinely have over 100 bills in the legislature to pick fights on wildlife that almost always have happened in the last couple of sessions. For example - we're expecting more bills on limited entry permits for archery in the bundled breaks units, more attempts to set seasons in statute rather than through FWP and I can bet you a bottle of Blanton's that we'll see stupid bills on grizzly bears that undermine our position when it comes to future legal action on delisting.

Voters and citizens in this nation have an obligation to practice their franchise and vote. If they don't, then they shouldn't want to dissuade competent people from being public servants, regardless of political stripe, by enacting term limits and handing more power to lobbyists and special interests seeking to increase their profit at the expense of the people.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back