Problems with the Winchester model 70 extreme weather?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Just bought one in .264 Win a few months ago and it has been a great shooter. I traded in a Montana Rifle Company X2 in .300 Win that I just couldn’t make shoot. I had the same concerns but have been pleasantly surprised.

Just bought one in .264 Win a few months ago and it has been a great shooter. I traded in a Montana Rifle Company X2 in .300 Win that I just couldn’t make shoot. I had the same concerns but have been pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for your input!

Thanks everyone for the input. I'm gonna buy one next month!

I've had a Winchester extreme weather 7mm for 7-8 years. Never an issue on shooting it or accuracy. Like any gun you'll have to find the round it likes and shoot it!

The EW are a good buy and solid rifle. Yes the factory hotglue bedding isn't the greatest but it's better than a sloppy Tupperware stock.
Be sure to check screw length on the front base hole. Seen a few bottomed out into the threads of the barrel and causing problems.

I've got one in 270 WSM with a Leupold VX-5HD. I've tried it with Winchester 150 gr Power Point and Barnes 140 gr TSX. Likes the TSX better. Definitely sub MOA with that. I've got a few others that I still want to try. Point being, the rifle is more accurate than I am, but not with every factory load.

Also of note, it's not crazy light, but the lightest rifle I've owned. Be careful what you wish for on the weight. It's harder to shoot a lightweight rig well than a heavy pig of a gun.

I've got one in 270 WSM with a Leupold VX-5HD. I've tried it with Winchester 150 gr Power Point and Barnes 140 gr TSX. Likes the TSX better. Definitely sub MOA with that. I've got a few others that I still want to try. Point being, the rifle is more accurate than I am, but not with every factory load.

Also of note, it's not crazy light, but the lightest rifle I've owned. Be careful what you wish for on the weight. It's harder to shoot a lightweight rig well than a heavy pig of a gun.

When did you buy your .270 wsm?

My gun has a 26" barrel! Check winchesters site for overall length of the gun.

Internet reviews are worthless. Can’t say how many times I’ve read “Just got this and took it out of the package. Looks great! 5 stars”

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the new Winchesters. I’d buy one if I didn’t have too many guns already.

I put a leupold 4-12 on it with the dual dovetail system! Going to the range next week.

I could not be happier with my 300 wsm Extreme Weather. The first ammo I tried was Factory Hornady 165 GMX. It's also the only ammo I tried after seeing how it grouped. I've got 240 rounds through it so far without any issues or complaints. It's quickly becoming my go to rifle for everything.

38126014_10217334761022144_8508894829776732160_n.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back