Caribou Gear Tarp

Metro Detroit to the Great Outdoors

Wannabehunter

I am 34 married with 4 munchkins at home. I am from metro Detroit area and grew up mostly hunting with my dad, uncle and his boys Turkey hunting for 4-5 days every year. We did a lot of camping growing up 2 weeks every summer have camped in every state from Minnesota down to Texas and to the east.

My brother in law got me into duck hunting over the last couple of years, which led me into starting up pheasant hunting a couple of times a year as well. I feel I am now ready to start broadening my hunting horizons. As my boys get older I would like to be able to introduce them to the adventures that are out there and make sure they dont get sucked into Iphones, IPad, and the XBox

I am heading out to Wyoming this year with a co-worker for a guided Elk Hunt in the Bridger Tetons. I am sure I am going to fall in love with Western Hunting. I know little to nothing about big game hunting so am looking forward to absorbing as much information as I can from our guide and hopefully breaking down my first big game animal. Hopefully, this experiance will prepare me for future hunts I wont have to fork over the extra cash to a guide service (I know in Wyoming Wilderness ares you need guides as a non-res) Anyways I am super excited if anyone has any input on Elk hunting Do's and Dont's so I do not embarrass myself too much it would be appreciated. I also am open to advice on different fun/challenging hunts that can be done in the coming years. I would like to start planning for Antelope hunting as well.

Anyways, I look forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully can pick up tons of useful advice so I can become a successful hunter for years to come.

Welcome, sounds like your on the right track! Pay attention to what your Outfitter does and listen to them. It should be a good introduction to big game hunting.

Welcome to the site !
This trip will change your life ..guaranteed. Coming from the same flat land your from it has made my life Amazing !
Best of luck to you this fall ! Please post some pictures from your trip .

" GO WINGS "

Welcome from Allegan, MI!!! Buy preference points for WY NOW and in the future for there and any other state you think you want to hunt in and good luck on your elk hunt!

To start planning for future hunts should I scoop up Pref points for all species available in Wyoming? I know once I head out west I am going to want to go back and make it an every year or every other year type of deal. I have been lifting, and walking uphill on a treadmill with 50 lbs on my back to get my office job rear end in shape. 4 kids in 5 years = lots of Mexican food and pizza. Already dropped 35 lbs this year and dont want to be the fat guy on the mountain who cant keep up with the Elk!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back