Wyoming Antelope 73 unit

My party of 5 drew Wyoming antelope unit 73. I have playing phone tag with the warden. I have studied Google earth a lot. I have a good paper map and onx. 3 of us have Wyoming antelope hunt before. Is it possible to find decent camping spots out of the wind? How is the herd health? There must be tons of antelope do to the amount of tags. Another question is about the amount of resivours. From the Google there are a lot of resivours. Are they mostly dry? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Call the biologist as well. She’ll have some good info. As to your questions, yes you can get out of the wind. Herd heath is great, this is the largest number of tags issued in the unit. There are quite a few stock ponds in that country, but even with the ample rain this year, many are getting low.

My friend and I will be in 73 as well. Coming out from Oregon. Hunting the 17th-21st. The Biologist was very helpful when we talked to her on the phone. Herd seems to be very strong. We are looking at camp spots as well. Was gonna wall tent it but we decided to go with a cab over camper and pull an enclosed trailer for gear and coolers. Sounds like finding a buck wont be a problem, finding the right one is the key.

My friend and I will be in 73 as well. Coming out from Oregon. Hunting the 17th-21st. The Biologist was very helpful when we talked to her on the phone. Herd seems to be very strong. We are looking at camp spots as well. Was gonna wall tent it but we decided to go with a cab over camper and pull an enclosed trailer for gear and coolers. Sounds like finding a buck wont be a problem, finding the right one is the key.

Congrats on drawing. We start our hunt on the 30th. Maybe we can talk after you get back. Good luck and thanks for the reply.

Call the biologist as well. She’ll have some good info. As to your questions, yes you can get out of the wind. Herd heath is great, this is the largest number of tags issued in the unit. There are quite a few stock ponds in that country, but even with the ample rain this year, many are getting low.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a good year. I'll reach out to the biologist today.

Me and a coworker will also be there. We haven't decided exactly when we are headed out but most likely the last week of September or first week of October.

My buddy and I will also be there from the 17th-22nd although we only have doe tags. It’ll be my first time in the unit so not sure of the exact conditions. My cousin lives in Casper and from his reports and others there’s tons of antelope and conditions this summer have been amazing. They still have green grass in place they normally don’t this time of year and plenty of water (at least for that part of the country) so the herd should be fat and healthy this fall.

You'll all have a great experience in that unit. Lots of antelope. Have hunted it 3 years. Wish I was going back there. Western side of unit totally different from the eastern side. Good luck.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back