PEAX Equipment

Missing Crazy Mountain Hiker/hunter

Seems like that mountain range gets a disproportionate amount of missing person press.

I hope they find the guy and he’s alright.

I wonder if he had a locator device (Spot, Inreach) with him? Obviously, he may have, and many things could have happened causing him to not be able to use it if he did have one, but I wouldn't go alone without something.
I hope he's alright and found soon!!

I think it is these types of trips that should make us all stop and think. Without trying to put words in the lost hunters mouth and certainly not trying to fault him, he probably thought this trip routine or innocuous. Each of us have probably done something similar in the past. It's things like this that made me purchase a 2way satellite communicator.

The Crazy's live up to their name. I hope he is found well.

That's so terrible! Prayers sent to the family. The Rocky Mountain Goat Alliance does a great job!

Terrible news prayers for family and friends. That seems to happen to often in the crazies. Nasty country

Dang that’s a bad deal. Really should implement a buddy system on something like that. Might not of stopped the fall but maybe saved him assuming he was still alive. Prayers for the family

Rotten deal. Some people learn from mistakes and some people die from mistakes.the tough decision in the mountains is deciding the difference between risky and dumb. But sometimes $hit happens.

It truly is sad. What little I know ... it appears this gentleman was just helping out a cause he believed in enough to get involved.

Prays and thoughts for the family, friends, and those affected in the Rocky Mountain Goat Alliance.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back