Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

UP Fishing Trip

Northwoods Labs

Just got back form a weeklong trip fishing in the UP. I know the west is the king for public lands, but the UP is no slouch. Lots of country to explore up there, accessible to all. We primarily fished muskies in a river I've come to know pretty well. The fishing was good, but it could have been exceptional if I had decided not to lose an embarrassingly amount of fish in just about every way possible.

Caught the first Muskie on my 4th cast- still dark outside and had to use the headlamp to unhook
34-36 in Muskie Tahquamenon River.jpg

A little later hooked into a nice largemouth-just over 20 inches

20 in Largemouth Bass Tahquamenon River.jpg

Dad hooked into a nice one- 42 in.

42 in. Muskie Tahquamenon River.jpg

The next morning I caught one on my very first cast-pretty lucky

40 in Muskie Tahquamenon River.jpg

While I proceeded to lose fish after fish-my dad put 2 more in the ole jon boat

40 in. Muskie Tahquamenon River.jpg34-36 in. Muskie Tahquamenon River.jpg

Last edited:
Muskie...the one fish that eludes me on every trip up north. I'm doing something wrong and you guys have got it figured out. Looks like you and your dad had an awesome trip! Thanks for sharing.

Some nice muskies there - congrats. 20" largemouth in the UP is pretty darned good too! Well done!

Glad you had a great time in the Yoop. Nice fish. Approximately 2 million acres of national forest, loads of state land, combined with Lake Superior, Lake Michigan and Lake Huron, no doubt makes it an excellent place for those who enjoy outdoor activities.

Last edited:
Glad you had a great time in the Yoop. Nice fish. Approximately 2 million acres of national forest, loads of state land, combined with Lake Superior, Lake Michigan and Lake Huron, no doubt makes it an excellent place for those who enjoy outdoor activities.

Add in another 2 plus million acres of commercial forest lands that we have access to hunt and fish on and we do have a tremendous opportunity :)

Looks like an Awsome trip. I will be heading up there this July. It will be my first time up there and we are taking a canoe. Hope to catch some fish like that. Congrats

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back