Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming archery season vs rifle season

Robinhood21

This year will be my third time hunting pronghorn with a rifle in Wyoming.

I’m mostly a bowhunter but have no insecurities pulling out a rifle to hunt (especially pronghorn) but I would like try my luck with bow in hand.

Is archery season as busy as rifle season on public land? I wouldn’t imagine so but I’ve never been up there during archery season.

What has your esperiences been like during archery season?

Thanks!!

archery is worth the effort. in a good area you can get in many stalks and have close encounters per day till it all comes together. have not had crowding issues when I bowhunted them in WY. These were 3 to 5 pref point units...

and when i rifle hunted in Wyoming it was the third week of that season and NOBODY was out there but me so bowhunted then as well, peak rut. Absolutley awsome. wait till Oct 1 to hunt and bring your bow AND rifle.

I wish I could have taken the week off prior to gun season and archery hunted and then rolled right into rifle season. That would have been sweet.

Not enough vacation time to do that though.

I wish I could have taken the week off prior to gun season and archery hunted and then rolled right into rifle season. That would have been sweet.

Not enough vacation time to do that though.

That's a good idea, at least a couple days before rifle try with a bow and if you're not successful within those couple days pull out the rifle

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back