Caribou Gear

Orion coolers!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38069

Finally saved up enough to get my 2nd Orion cooler! I can't wait to get some meat in there!
20180814_201204.jpg

Can you ever find these on sale? or do you pretty much expect to pay retail on them? I checked out their website and found the 20% discount they showed for last years colors but it appears that they don't have any of those in stock.

I got the green one for $360. They are 65 quart and retail for $500. Optics planet has them on sale and you can usually find a coupon too. They're great coolers and made in the USA!

Can you ever find these on sale? or do you pretty much expect to pay retail on them? I checked out their website and found the 20% discount they showed for last years colors but it appears that they don't have any of those in stock.
Randy posted a promo code for any Orion product. 20% off I believe. If you are still looking.

Orion coolers are awesome. BUT I wish they had slightly better handles and wheels on them for the larger sizes...

Orion coolers are awesome. BUT I wish they had slightly better handles and wheels on them for the larger sizes...
What size do you have? These 65s, with even a little bit of meat, are like wrestling a bear. They don't often leave the truck bed because of this!

I originally purchased a 65 and really like it, but it is pretty big for most of my needs. For my summer adventures I don't need anything that big, so I picked up a 45. It works great for 2-4 days living out of a pick-up. When hunting season rolls around, out comes the 65.

I've been very pleased with it, I took it on a deer/hog hunt in Georgia in December where we camped out on a coastal island and used it as a food cooler and then brought back a deer and a hog quartered up in it...I also fish a ton of bass tournaments and I've been very impressed with how well it holds ice, I've had a few trips here recently where we were having 90+ degree days and I would buy 40 pounds of ice and it would last all weekend...I will say the 65 quart is pretty dang heavy with 40 pounds of ice and a case of beer in it though! haha

I own a 65 and it’s awesome. It’s heavy but like a previous poster said I just keep it in the truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back