Changing bow draw length

cgarner

I may have an opportunity to acquire a Hoyt Carbon Element G3 really cheap. The only catch is the owner was 5'4" tall and I'm 6' 1". I'm assuming his draw length is really short and mine is 29". How easy is it to change out the cams and string to a cam that allows a longer draw length?

ok thanks. I've been out of the bow world for over 15 years so the couldn't make heads or tails from the tuning chart. Once I find out which cam the bow has installed I will have more to go on.

The previous owner was most likely a #2 cam, you will need a #3 cam and new strings and cables...as for the limb deflection and poundage, I'm almost positive that the draw weight will go down when you switch to the #3 cam from the #2 cam.

If you have a bow press, its shouldn't be too bad but I would probably take it to an archery shop and they can replace and tune everything for a reasonable price.

Thanks for the info. My plan was to have a bow shop switch out the cams and tune it. Im still undesided if I want the bow. It is a great bow but in snow camo. Not much good for CA or September hunts in Wyoming.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back