PEAX Equipment

MT Mountain Goat 2018

e300winmag

I am sitting here at work trying to patiently await the day we get to leave for a scouting trip into the mountain goat unit... The clock couldn't move any slower. I have spoke with the biologist for the area and she has been very helpful. Hopefully her suggestions will produce results. I am sure looking forward to checking out this part of the state as I have never hunted there before now. 7 days and the adventure will really get started!

Congratulations on getting a mountain goat tag, I hope you are successful. I look forward to reading your progress, post a lot of pictures.

Good for you in drawing a Goat Tag! I drew one 3 years ago and it has been the hardest, yet most rewarding hunt i have been on. The meat was delicious and the memories will last a life time! Good Luck!

Good luck. It is amazing that it can be difficult to spot a white animal but it can be. I probably looked at what I thought were goats about 100 times more often than I actually looked at goats starting out. You spend a lot of time trying to make other things into goats and then when you see real goats they are usually as obvious as can be. Enjoy the hunt make it fun.

744FACB4-9801-457C-A6C1-829E35CD5ED8.jpg

My goat from last year. Just pray we don’t get as much snow as last year. I almost went without. Shooting a goat isn’t too hard but shooting a nice one I found out is really hard. I ended up buying new optics after this hunt because without them I would’ve never found this goat. Good luck

Very cool, Ethan! I think mountain goats are one of the most majestic looking of the big game species.
Look forward to seeing the pics and reading your story.

Thank you everyone! I am getting more and more excited by the day!! Google Earth I am sure does not do this area justice and I will likely find I am not as physically prepared as I should be despite running 3-4 days a week over most of the past year.
Very nice goat Lawnboy!!! Love the long hair!

Awesome!

We expect numerous pictures of the hunt and successful harvest.

Congrats on the tag good luck. Lawn Boy that is a text book Billy congrats to you as well.

Good luck on an awesome hunt! I drew a mountain goat hunt in idaho a few years back! Such a fun hunt and fun memories!IMG_2277.jpg

Last edited:
The family was able to take a trip into the mountain goat unit last week. Travel was slightly hampered by the large family gathering but we were able to see some goats and get a lay of the land. I now know a plan of attack for later this month when I am able to get out hunting. The youngest member of the scouting party did slow us down a little but we were able to get in quiet a few miles and see some amazing country. I hope the smoke lies down before my next trip into the wilderness.

Keep up the great experiences with family, Big E! I admire your devotion! Great photos! Miss ya at Bear Camp... The three of you are going to have to make a trek out - Uncle John will be the best protector of your young ones, followed by each and every one of us as you two go out and bring your constant Bear "A" game!

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back