Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

SilencerCo Supressors

Thanks for the tip, I talked to a Smith today and he said he can take a 9/16x32 down to a 1/2x28 safely without any issues. I am just going to go that route. If any one is interested I will have some muzzlebreaks up for sale here shortly. :)

That's great! I'm glad it can be re-cut for you.

A little Omega eye candy to start the day. Suppressed, this is one sweet-shooting rifle in 7mm-08. I'm anxious to use it in the upcoming seasons.

Kimber-Adirondak-&-Omega-30.jpg

I looked at the harvester vs Omega and went with the harvester. I don't shoot rapid fire and it's going on my bolt action Tikka T3. Hopefully it'll be out of ATF jail soon.

I recently found out changing out suppressors doesn't work. I sighted my 6.5 CM with my Omega, then switched and put on my Harvester. The harvester patterned about 10 inches lower and 2 inches to the right of where my Omega patterned.

On a side note, I have been doing alot of reading on this lately, and it seems like alot of the suppressor manufacturers recommend against a 1/2x28 tpi for anything bigger than a .223. My CA Mesa cam from the factory with that TPI. I checked with them and my gunsmith and they both said its safe for suppressor use. What's the issue?

Still waiting....:rolleyes: I checked with the dealer and they are running close to 10 months right now. I wish I would have bought two...

I just got mine back in January. Took just over 7 months for approval and a couple additional weeks to get the stamp. 10 months seems a little long based on all the reports I've seen on the NFA tracker website. Have you called the atf to check the status of it?

I just got mine back in January. Took just over 7 months for approval and a couple additional weeks to get the stamp. 10 months seems a little long based on all the reports I've seen on the NFA tracker website. Have you called the atf to check the status of it?

I called this morning and they said they are running 9 months right now.

Wow that was a long wait...just 12 days shy of a year. Picked it up this evening. I will be loading up some ammo and getting it out this weekend. I'll report back with how it shoots.

Has anyone had any experience with the silencer shop kiosk for the Form 4s?

I've submitted 4 form 4's with the SS Kiosks. Super easy, and it's great because it saves your finger prints, so if you decide to buy additional suppressors in the future, you won't have go through that process again. The process to do an additional form 4 once they have your information is stupid easy.

Thanks, I love it. and I want another one already. It's going to be hard to go back to shooting without one. Shot a .35 in group this morning with it on the 7 mag. It kicks like a 243.

Wow that was a long wait...just 12 days shy of a year. Picked it up this evening. I will be loading up some ammo and getting it out this weekend. I'll report back with how it shoots.

Congratulations! I thought you should get it by mid July. Mine took 12.5 months. Would like to see a photo and specs of the hunt ready rifle.

I like the new handle, btw.

Alright guys, I thought I'd do a follow up to this post after having my suppressor for a summer and a fall hunting season. Here are my take aways from this season:

- Shooting suppressed offers a significant reduction in recoil. My 7 mag kicks like a 243, very shootable.
- Sound reduction was significant, but not to the point you could target shoot w/o hearing protection. At the range, your ears would ring if you did not have any hearing protection in, but when hunting with it, I shot a buck and never noticed it. It might be from the echo in the rifle box that caused my ears to ring. Either way, hunting suppressed definitely saves your ears.
- Slight improvement in accuracy, about a 1/4 MOA. It took my average 3 shot group at 200 yards from 1.5" to 1".
- POI shift going from suppressed to non-suppressed was significant. My 7 mag shifted 3 MOA (+6") at 200 yards! My 270 was a 1.5 MOA shift at 200. So if you do load development, and sight in with a suppressor, you'll need to hunt with it.
- The attachment of the suppressor to the rifle seems like it could definitely be a weak link in the shooting system. I would be afraid damage in rugged country could bring your hunt to a halt.
- This brings me to my final observation, and most significant, hunting with a suppressor is a giant pain in the ass (not to mention the steps one goes through just to get one). The extra weight is noticeable, and it throws the balance of your rifle off. Perhaps the biggest pain, and one I did not account for until it was staring me in the face, was casing and transporting your rifle. Because of the POI shift, the suppressor had to stay on my rifle while hunting, I had to buy a special extra long case for vehicle storage, and never did figure out a decent way to carry it on an ATV (CO Law) or scabbard.

So I got to say, if I am being honest, I do not think the pro's out weight the con's for hunting type applications. A much simpler and user friendly solution would to be to carry a set of plugs around your neck while hunting. I am hunter first, and a target shooter second. If it was the other way around I could definitely consider continuing with a suppressor.

Unfortunately, I'll be going back to unsuppressed rifles for hunting. I did enjoy giving it try though.

If any one wants a SilencerCo Harvester I can make you a good deal, sent to you dealer of course, compliant with all your states laws.

Thanks for all the help from everyone.

Alright guys, I thought I'd do a follow up to this post after having my suppressor for a summer and a fall hunting season. Here are my take aways from this season:

- Shooting suppressed offers a significant reduction in recoil. My 7 mag kicks like a 243, very shootable.
- Sound reduction was significant, but not to the point you could target shoot w/o hearing protection. At the range, your ears would ring if you did not have any hearing protection in, but when hunting with it, I shot a buck and never noticed it. It might be from the echo in the rifle box that caused my ears to ring. Either way, hunting suppressed definitely saves your ears.
- Slight improvement in accuracy, about a 1/4 MOA. It took my average 3 shot group at 200 yards from 1.5" to 1".
- POI shift going from suppressed to non-suppressed was significant. My 7 mag shifted 3 MOA (+6") at 200 yards! My 270 was a 1.5 MOA shift at 200. So if you do load development, and sight in with a suppressor, you'll need to hunt with it.
- The attachment of the suppressor to the rifle seems like it could definitely be a weak link in the shooting system. I would be afraid damage in rugged country could bring your hunt to a halt.
- This brings me to my final observation, and most significant, hunting with a suppressor is a giant pain in the ass (not to mention the steps one goes through just to get one). The extra weight is noticeable, and it throws the balance of your rifle off. Perhaps the biggest pain, and one I did not account for until it was staring me in the face, was casing and transporting your rifle. Because of the POI shift, the suppressor had to stay on my rifle while hunting, I had to buy a special extra long case for vehicle storage, and never did figure out a decent way to carry it on an ATV (CO Law) or scabbard.

So I got to say, if I am being honest, I do not think the pro's out weight the con's for hunting type applications. A much simpler and user friendly solution would to be to carry a set of plugs around your neck while hunting. I am hunter first, and a target shooter second. If it was the other way around I could definitely consider continuing with a suppressor.

Unfortunately, I'll be going back to unsuppressed rifles for hunting. I did enjoy giving it try though.

If any one wants a SilencerCo Harvester I can make you a good deal, sent to you dealer of course, compliant with all your states laws.

Do you still have the harvester? I am interested.

I have a gemtech dagger, which is very comparable to the harvester. I use it on my browning xbolt in 6.5 cm. It is direct thread and have had great results with it. Improved my accuracy and made for a much better shooting experience. I had a one mrat shift vertical and one mrat shift horizontal at 200 yards.

In response to highdesertsage, the shift is consistent so when traveling I do not leave it connected to the rifle, when I get to the trailhead I thread it on and go. (Painted a line on rifle and suppressor to make sure it is on the same) With a good suppressor poi shift should be consistent with a direct thread suppressor. I have heard some of the quick connects are not as dependable as the direct thread.

I'd also be interested depending on the price. I have a harvester now and move it back and forth between my rifles. PM me if someone else hasnt already claimed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back