SilencerCo Supressors

HighDesertSage

Curious if anyone here has any experience on the Silencerco suppressors. I am seriously considering putting one in jail for my 7 Mag and 300 WM. The two I am looking at are the Omega 300 and Harvester 300. I'm having a tough time figuring out what the difference between the two are, other than the dimensions they have one the website. Anyone have any experience with these? I am looking to dedicate them to bolt guns only for hunting applications. Thanks for any info you can share.

I have used several of SilencerCo's suppressors, but not the Omega. I do have the Harvester and it is a very good suppressor. I'm sure you'd be fine with either one, just compare specs and go with the one that jumps out at you. I do think weight and length are both important factors (looking at their website more, I wish I had the Omega instead of my Harvester). Suppressors are effective at reducing both recoil and sound, both aspects improve the shooting experience. There will be a small change in point-of-impact if you shoot with and without the suppressor on. The stiffer/heavier your barrel is the less that poi changes. You'll get a slight increase in speed, but pretty negligible change. You'll be grinning ear to ear and wishing you had gotten one years ago.

I hate to muddy the waters when someone asks about a specific item, but at least look at the specs on ThunderBeast's Ultra 7 and 5. I wouldn't use the 5 for high-volume shooting at the range just because the noise reduction isn't as good, but I'm getting one for a hunting rifle because of the length and weight. I also have an Ultra 7 and it's currently my favorite rifle suppressor.

Last edited:
Thank you. I will take a look at the Thunderbeast as well. I'm not committed to SilencerCo, they just jumped out in my research as one of the better hunting suppressors.

SilencerCo is a good company and that Omega's specs look promising. I also have a pistol and rimfire suppressor from SilencerCo, both of which are great suppressors. I'm a long way from an expert, but right now I'd most likely stick with either SilencerCo or Thunder Beast. The Ultra 7 is both shorter and lighter than my Harvester. I had the Harvester first and share a trust for the suppressors with my sons, one of them uses the Harvester and I switched to the Ultra 7.

Last edited:
I just realized I was looking at the Harvester 338 specs compared to the Omega. Looking at the Harvester 300 specs and cost, I like my Harvester still, plus I think I bought the Harvester before they made the Omega. The Omega's full auto rating is probably why it costs more. Hope I'm not confusing you. Bottom line, I know I really enjoy shooting suppressed.

I think the harvester is a great option. I’ve got an ultra 7 that I love but the harvester is quite a bit cheaper and would serve you just fine

I’ve shot them, they are nice. I wouldn’t spend money to get a full auto rating though. Completely unnecessary. Decibels are exponential, so a difference of a few dB can be a big real world factor.

I have had an Omega for a couple of years and I love it. Just received a Harvester for my 338 and it looks good but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Seems Silencerco must be having huge problems in their customer service department. I have a couple of problems with the size of flash hiders I got from them. I called and listened to a message about their high volume of sales and they would return the call asap. I left a message with my phone number and what my problem is. To be on the safe side I also left an email message. I waited a week and called again - same message. I left them another message. It's now been a month and I haven't heard a thing from them. I have made calls in the past and and they were very prompt. I really like their product, but because of their poor customer service they have lost my future business.

GSL makes a very good suppressor. Not sure what they have in their hunting lineup.

Curious if anyone here has any experience on the Silencerco suppressors. I am seriously considering putting one in jail for my 7 Mag and 300 WM. The two I am looking at are the Omega 300 and Harvester 300. I'm having a tough time figuring out what the difference between the two are, other than the dimensions they have one the website. Anyone have any experience with these? I am looking to dedicate them to bolt guns only for hunting applications. Thanks for any info you can share.

The Omega 300 is priced higher because of the materials and included accessories. The Omega is stainless steel, titanium, and stellite, and it is high temp cerakoted. It also comes with the ASR quick detach mount, ASR compatible brake and flash hider, and direct thread mount. It is 14.2 oz. and 7 .8" with the ASR mount. The ASR brake or flash suppressor is 3.5 oz.

The Harvester 300 is a softer stainless steel and aluminum, and is it anodized. It is 11.3 oz. and 9" without an ASR Mount. With the optional ASR mount and muzzle device, add about 9/16" and 4.5 oz.

So, the Omega will be more durable but the Harvester is likely good for a lifetime of hunting and sight-ins. But, consider adding the ASR (active spring retention) quick detach mount if you will frequently detach the suppressor to use on other rifles. The threads are much larger so removal will be faster and more durable.

I got the Omega 300 a year ago for a DDM4V11 in 5.56. Then I added an upper in .300 Blackout, and recently an Adirondack in 7mm-08. I have the ASR brake for each rifle. Using the ASR muzzle device further reduces wear and enhances suppression. For convenience and versatility it's hard to beat the ASR mount.

When sighting in the Adirondack recently, I first dialed in unsuppressed with the ASR brake on, then put on the Omega. I was surprised to find there was no significant difference in the point of impact. But suppressed there is a dramatic difference in noise and recoil. Without hearing protection in 7mm-08 the report is tolerable even with the supersonic crack, but I'll still opt for ear plugs in the field when I can.

I generally hunt elk in heavy timber and in about 3 years out of 4, I don't have time to put in earplugs if I want to take the shot. Shooting suppressed is the way to go, truly a pleasure, and .300 Blackout subsonic is a gas! The upcoming October moose and elk hunts will be my first time hunting with the Omega. With the Adirondack I aimed to build a timber rifle using a short barrel for a compact suppressed rig. Suppressors are still pretty alien in the deer and elk woods but as more hunters see them in the field I think their use will snowball over a few years.

As a Harvester owner who recently contacted customer service without a reply as well, I would think twice about buying another SiCo product. The Q Full Nelson would be my choice if the muzzle could be threaded to 5/8x24. If you’ve not figured out what a gunsmith can thread your muzzle, I would suggest doing so before you decide on a silencer. If it’s too thin, you might need 1/2x28 or something else that would require additional purchase consideration.

The Harvester’s wide variety of muzzle adapters is attractive, but I fear the company may be in trouble given recent news of executive changes and the lack of service response.

I also recommend the Thunderbeast Ultra 7. Talk to the guys who are shooting competitively and see what they shoot. All the good shooters I know would recommend thunderbeast.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I pulled the trigger on the harvester today. Sorry to hear about the poor customer service. Hopefully it gets better as now I am committed. I really liked the price point of the harvester and the weight. We shall see.

One other thing for you guys, I have to get the adapters for it now. My 7 Mag is 1/2 x 28 as it came from the Christensen Arms factory, so no big deal. But I did notice that my 300 win mag is 9/16 x 32, which they don't make an adapter for. I wish I would have caught this earlier. Do I have any other options other than having my barrel re-threaded?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I pulled the trigger on the harvester today. Sorry to hear about the poor customer service. Hopefully it gets better as now I am committed. I really liked the price point of the harvester and the weight. We shall see.

One other thing for you guys, I have to get the adapters for it now. My 7 Mag is 1/2 x 28 as it came from the Christensen Arms factory, so no big deal. But I did notice that my 300 win mag is 9/16 x 32, which they don't make an adapter for. I wish I would have caught this earlier. Do I have any other options other than having my barrel re-threaded?

I think that's an odd thread pattern for a silencer. Maybe more common for a muzzle brake? I looked around and found a thread on Silencer Talk that may help.

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123506

Here's the vendor referenced and another that might be of use:

https://trosusa.com/about-2/

https://www.cncwarrior.com/Thread-Adapters-s/1949.htm

I think that's an odd thread pattern for a silencer. Maybe more common for a muzzle brake? I looked around and found a thread on Silencer Talk that may help.

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123506

Here's the vendor referenced and another that might be of use:

https://trosusa.com/about-2/

https://www.cncwarrior.com/Thread-Adapters-s/1949.htm

Thanks for the tip, I talked to a Smith today and he said he can take a 9/16x32 down to a 1/2x28 safely without any issues. I am just going to go that route. If any one is interested I will have some muzzlebreaks up for sale here shortly. :)

I’ve shot them, they are nice. I wouldn’t spend money to get a full auto rating though. Completely unnecessary. Decibels are exponential, so a difference of a few dB can be a big real world factor.

Decibels are Logarithmic

A 3 dB change doubles the intensity of sound. Just 3.

Decibel is just an expression of small numbers made to make the numbers easier for common use.

No one likes the intensity numbers of 0.121e^-5 and 0.242e^-5.

People would rather have 63dB and 66dB.

I’ve hunted with a guy and know several others with the harvester, everyone seems happy with them.

I went with the Dead Air Sandman TI, direct thread. It will be used on my 6.5CM and 300WM. Should be getting my stamp back any day now.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back