Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hunting insurance

Big Ears

Hi need some help. Coming over to Montana in October for my first ever elk hunt. Just wondering if you guys take out personal insurance in case of accidents to property or people. My insurance in the UK doesn’t cover America so wondering if you can recommend some good companies if it is needed.

BE

Ours is generally covered by homeowners insurance. I also have an umbrella policy for general liability. One idea that may work is additional liability insurance offered through travel insurance companies.

Get health insurance for you. If are headed into wilderness then consider insurance that rescues you. If a visitor to America has a visit to the ER can be $100s if merely a dizzy spell. Add in an ambulance ride and is $1000s. Add in surgery and is $10,000s. Heart attack with some overnight stays and can head into $100,000s. Medical bills are a leading reason for middle class American families going into debt then bankruptcy. Financial stress is a leading reason for divorce. Get health insurance for your time in America.

Gear can be replaced so I would not be as concerned re property insurance. Is best to keep and eye on it when you can. I carry my optics and electronics onto the airplane rathe than check. You have to check your rifle so some risk there. If have gear in a vehicle and are stopping for the night then bring the expensive and critical items into the motel room. If eating, park where can see the vehicle. If leaving items in a tent while out hunting for the day then you can lose some gear but presumably you have your rifle and optics with you as well as some of your gear.

I can't say I've ever thought about purchasing liability insurance for hunting accidents but I rarely hunt private land. For public land hunting I do not think it's common but is required for some situations on private land, primarily for individuals/groups who lease private land for hunting purposes.

The reason you are not getting many responses is this is not common for most people who hunt public land.

Hi need some help. Coming over to Montana in October for my first ever elk hunt. Just wondering if you guys take out personal insurance in case of accidents to property or people. My insurance in the UK doesn’t cover America so wondering if you can recommend some good companies if it is needed.

BE

Just hunt. mtmuley

If I had it (insurance), I think I might be compelled to take more chances. Plus having that AFLAC diuck along.....

Get health insurance for you. If are headed into wilderness then consider insurance that rescues you. If a visitor to America has a visit to the ER can be $100s if merely a dizzy spell. Add in an ambulance ride and is $1000s. Add in surgery and is $10,000s. Heart attack with some overnight stays and can head into $100,000s. Medical bills are a leading reason for middle class American families going into debt then bankruptcy. Financial stress is a leading reason for divorce. Get health insurance for your time in America.

Gear can be replaced so I would not be as concerned re property insurance. Is best to keep and eye on it when you can. I carry my optics and electronics onto the airplane rathe than check. You have to check your rifle so some risk there. If have gear in a vehicle and are stopping for the night then bring the expensive and critical items into the motel room. If eating, park where can see the vehicle. If leaving items in a tent while out hunting for the day then you can lose some gear but presumably you have your rifle and optics with you as well as some of your gear.

Cheers already sorting health insurance. Sad to hear that people will steal from tents.

Of course, you can insure yourself. Try a hunting association, guys should know for sure how to help you. Such insurance shouldn’t be too pricey. Today almost in each field you can ensure yourself. I have a friend that recently made himself a plumbing business insurance at a local company here in my hometown. Check it out on the internet, you will find hundreds of similar companies.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back