Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Scope mounting question

[email protected]

I just purchased a Vortex Razor HD LH for my Weatherby Mark V 300 Win Mag and the 1 inch tube on the Razor is just too short to fit in my Weaver rings. I have been looking at one piece mounting options and picatinny rails but am not sure exactly the best solution. Does anyone have a suggestion for mounting my scope on the gun and not blocking the ejection port of the gun?

Thanks
Matt

IMG_6892.jpg

You can get a picatinny rail and that will work just fine for positioning your scope. I use the seekins 20 moa base on several of my rifles and have never had a problem with ejecting spent or unspent casings. Talley also makes picatinny rails with 0 or a 20 moa base. Not sure if you need a 20 moa base. Their are other manufacturers that make picatinny rails but those are the only two that I have personal experience with.

I think you'd be fine with the one piece. I'd also tell you to get the 20MOA. Its usually the same price and if you don't need it, you won't have to worry. But if you do need it, and you don't have it, you'll decrease your max distance.

I think you'd be fine with the one piece. I'd also tell you to get the 20MOA. Its usually the same price and if you don't need it, you won't have to worry. But if you do need it, and you don't have it, you'll decrease your max distance.

Depending on your vertical MOA adjustment range, a 20 MOA rail can make zeroing at 100 yds difficult. Unless you plan on shooting longer than 500 yards with low bc bullets I would stay with 0 MOA rail. For the rare longer shot you can always hold over.

Depending on your vertical MOA adjustment range, a 20 MOA rail can make zeroing at 100 yds difficult. Unless you plan on shooting longer than 500 yards with low bc bullets I would stay with 0 MOA rail. For the rare longer shot you can always hold over.

He’s right. Not sure how much vertical adjustment the Razor has. If you want to use the 20 MOA to extend your range, you can always zero at 250-300. Otherwise I’d go zero MOA. That still leaves your effective PBR at around 300.

Several companies make offset rings and that is usually the simplest and cheapest fix for the problem.
But obviously a picatinny rail type base will work also.
Unless you want to step up to a scope that has a longer tube body, but it's all in what look you want.

Back