Your one "comfort" item

WIbiggame

A previous post asking about comfort food got me thinking what is your 1 "comfort" item that weight doesn't matter and goes in your pack on a hunt?

Mine is a helinox chair zero. And as bonus "comfort" a UCO single candle lantern.

I use the helinox chair too. It's nice on the mountain and at camp, and frankly not that heavy for most hunts.

BEER!!!!Never Too Heavy.:cool:After all weapons are put away of course..Including the ol'lady.

For me it’s an REI Flash Trail Seat. Works great as a chair/buttpad around camp or when glassing. It can be unclipped to be a 3/4 sleeping pad if I need to stay out overnight too. Weighs 1lbs 9oz.

A stack of newspaper cutout crossword puzzles and a pen! Just something relaxing about a midday or after dark in the tent working a crossword puzzle.

A miniature (real) pillow is the first thing to come to my mind. Done stuffing clothing into an empty pillow case. I also use a blow up pillow to attach to the end of my pad to get them to the same height, otherwise pillow isn't high enough. Attach blow up pillow to blow up pad with Velcro strips with silicone glue.

my hunt tag. Gives me great comfort and joy from the moment I find out I drew. Months of joy. Never gets old anticipating and planning another hunt in country I had never stepped foot in.

And coffee. even when it is instant. This stuff works out great, tastes fine and is FAST to prep.​

Attachments

• BE977171-0EC2-4382-A762-74D19E5F433C.jpg
    BE977171-0EC2-4382-A762-74D19E5F433C.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 319
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back