PEAX Equipment

Recommendations on places to stay near Antelope Unit 7 in Wyoming

ildrhntr

Looking for recommendations on places to stay. I was going to pull my camper out and park in Newcastle at Auto Inn & RV Park but had a water line rupture while I was checking everything out today and can't get it fixed in time. We are leaving Sunday morning and will be there late that afternoon. Would welcome any recommendations from anyone who's been there or from someone who is from the area......Thanks in advance!

The Sundowner Inn in Newcastle. It's a small place, a little older. It's clean though, and the owners are really good people. They're hunters too. I've stayed there for several hunts in that area.

Hotel in Bill, WY , I have not stayed there but researched it a little. It is west of you a bit. Also sending you a PM.

The population of Bill has doubled in the last few years from 5 to eleven!! (This is up from 3 in my childhood days)

Old thread I know, but is there a gas station in Bill? From what I have seen on Google maps it does not look like there is. Hoping to antelope hunt in the area this Fall pending the draw

Old thread I know, but is there a gas station in Bill? From what I have seen on Google maps it does not look like there is. Hoping to antelope hunt in the area this Fall pending the draw
There is a nice hotel in Bill but there is nothing else there. It is about 40 miles to the nearest gas station, one way. I hunted antelope in Unit 7 in 2019 and stayed at the Sage Hotel in Newcastle. The hotel owners hunt and cater to hunters. Good hunting Intel and cold beers shared at the tailgates each evening. Newcastle has everything you might need.

Thanks, will not be in 7. Hopefully close to the Bill area. Looks like I will go to Douglas or Wright for gas.

The roads in the national grasslands are mostly real nice crushed gravel allowing for pulling a camper almost anywhere.
I hunted antelope 27 in 2007 and again in 2010. I saw the new hotel in Bill in 2011 when traveling through quite a change to that little town. It was built as a bedroom mostly for band railway employees as lots of coal from the area is put in transit to keep the lights on in Detroit.

Drew my antelope tag and will be staying at the hotel in Bill for a few nights the latter part of September/early October. If any other hunttalkers are going to be staying in Bill around this time feel to reach out and perhaps we can grab a beer. Will be a solo hunt for me.

I probably should have just started a new thread rather than piggybacking earlier comments about Bill in this thread. Not hunting 7

Drew my antelope tag and will be staying at the hotel in Bill for a few nights the latter part of September/early October. If any other hunttalkers are going to be staying in Bill around this time feel to reach out and perhaps we can grab a beer. Will be a solo hunt for me.
Congrats on the drawing,
Good luck on your hunt. I will be me of you west of gillette.

Back