Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Venison Posole Verde

LOL probably not exactly as I always wing it. But you can find plenty of posole recipes.
Here is a quick version. I cut up into 1 inch peices and browned the venison very well.
Took that out of the pot and then added my diced yellow onion. Cooked that until softened then added two
Jars of salsa verde and one can of green peppers. Cooked all that for about 3 minutes then added the venison back in. Cooked all that for another 3minutes. Tossed in some oregano. Added enough chicken broth to cover plus 1 inch. Simmer for approx 2-3 hrs until venison is tender. Add one large can of white hominy and cook for 30 minutes more.
Note: if you can find good Tomitelos then great peel and chop up those instead of using the salsa verde. I couldnt find them so I substuted the salsa verde. If using the fresh tomitelos I would add a bit of salt , garlic and another half an onion to the recipe.

I generally only use fresh ingredients amost never canned stuff but sometimes my grocery store drops the ball. But it turned out good. Anytime I use any canned goods in stews and braises i never add any salt during the cooking.

Yes, use Hatch chiles in can if that is all you can find. I have lots of roasted green chile in my freezer.but then again I am in NM....
You can also order from many NM chile growers & producers online.

Thats what I was wondering. A couple of local produce shops roast chiles and I saw the sign they were in season.

A truckload arrived in Charlotte last week direct from Hatch, my daughter got wind of it and scored a half bushel right out of the roaster. You'd have thought we were on North Federal in Denver; they were being snatched up as fast as they could roast them.

A truckload arrived in Charlotte last week direct from Hatch, my daughter got wind of it and scored a half bushel right out of the roaster. You'd have thought we were on North Federal in Denver; they were being snatched up as fast as they could roast them.

Luck you got some.

Back