Help to source a rifle stock?

leec270

For the last 10 years over here in the UK I have shot a left handed a Ruger M77 Mk2, now this beloved 270 win of mine has done a lot of work and the factory stock is looking tired and I would love to get a synthetic stock for it.

Now this is what I know -

No chance of getting one in the UK unless i get one made!

Ruger have not made a factory left handed synthetic stock according to the importers

So my quest continues...............

So I thought I would put a post on here to see if anyone could shed some light on the situation or atleast poke me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Lee

Not much out there for left handed synthetic stocks, I feel your pain as a fellow lefty. The only options I know of are McMillan and maybe hs precision. This is the sole reason I'm considering building on a Remington 700 action for my next rifle.

More options out there in wood/ laminated stocks.
Boyd's has the best deals on them ,as far as I know.
I suppose you could look at a few wooden stocks and you may find you might like what you see.
I prefer a good laminated stock over synthetic any day.
Good luck.

Thanks for all the useful information, i had a look on Boyd’s website earlier the stock I want is there and could be mine for 185 USD but they will not internationally ship anything over 100 USD (i hope someone will correct me on that!).

Now that is a bummer!

So the quest continues

Thanks for all the useful information, i had a look on Boyd’s website earlier the stock I want is there and could be mine for 185 USD but they will not internationally ship anything over 100 USD (i hope someone will correct me on that!).

Now that is a bummer!

So the quest continues

Most places like that have a disclaimer stating that $100 or more worth of firearms related items can't be shipped internationally or need a special export license so likely not worth the hassle for one small order. Any chance that you could find an importer?

Wow, I guess I didn't realize a stock couldn't be shipped over seas .
Glad I'm here in America.
Maybe a sporting shop in Europe can import if they contact Boyd's.
Sorry for your luck. Hope it works out for you.

There is list somewhere Lee of what can and cannot be exported to the UK, the only other option would be for someone to post it over for you.
Cheers
Richard

Now that is a bummer!

So the quest continues

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back