Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Long range ethics

Is long range (500 yrds +) hunting ethical?

• Yes

Votes: 37 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 63 63.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C919BA3A-2FFC-4C1A-BA17-5EE55FA9E80D.jpg

I’ll cry myself to sleep tonight knowing the results of a hunt talk poll says most disagree with my ethics at times..

Well folks, Ive just recieved a pm from mtmuely, told me he doesnt like the long range debates. Sorry mtmuely if you dont like peoples answers. This is a learning thread not a silence everyone elses opion thread. If your comfortable with what you do you dont have to prove yourself to me. Im open to long range hunting. I just want all the info before i try it. No one is forcing you to read this thread, vote in poll, or respond.

Last edited:
..no one is forcing you to post private messages either...bad form.

fwiw, mtmuley is a solid

Well folks, Ive just recieved a pm from mtmuely, told me he doesnt like the long range debates. Sorry mtmuely if you dont like peoples answers. This is a learning thread not a silence everyone elses opion thread. If your comfortable with what you do you dont have to prove yourself to me. Im open to long range hunting. I just want all the info before i try it. No one is forcing you to read this thread, vote in poll, or respond.

Weak.

WTF? Look up the word 'private'.

Answer me this, what do you use that supercub for?

I know some super hard core trad bow hunters that have lost more animals than anyone else I know yet they scoff at compound bows and almost get pissed at the thought of shooting something at any range with a rifle. How should they be regarded?

When I took ethics in college, we were taught that 'ethics' is subjective to the individual pondering the quarry. So, this poll is pretty much useless and argument fodder because everyone that posts to it has a different 'ethical' thought and feeling on the topic. PLus long range is different to each individual. Mtmuley was right...

Guess you must have missed the part about that being a private message?

I
've noticed this issue is typically brought up by a member of recent involvement. It's gonna happen again. mtmuley
Seems to be consistently the case. With those opposed expressing holier-than-thou personal ethics and those others defensively justifying long range shooting. Too bad it can't just be a personal standard, but must devolve into a contentious debate ... with folks wishing they hadn't responded or even read the thread.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back