Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Your favorite treat to eat on a backpack trip

Werthers Originals are good snacks, and as an added bonus, they turn the fishing from blah to FISH ON!!

Hot weather requires any candy be melt resistant. Big Hunk bars are nearly impossible to find, but are better than Bit O' Honey bars, mostly because there is much more in a bar of Big Hunk than Bit O Honeys.

Last edited:
Bon Bons
nestles crunch bars, full size. at least one.

snickers for a poor substitute

On family backpack trips when I was a youngster, we always packed pistachio pudding mixed with powdered milk. Put it a plastic container, mix with water and shake. Then put it a cold lake or creek for about 1 hour to set up. Yum!

Werthers Originals are good snacks, and as an added bonus, they turn the fishing from blah to FISH ON!!

Hot weather requires any candy be melt resistant. Big Hunk bars are nearly impossible to find, but are better than Bit O' Honey bars, mostly because there is much more in a bar of Big Hunk than Bit O Honeys.

Amazon has Big Hunk bars! Regular and bite size too. Amazon is my go to when I get a craving for food and snack that are now hard to find.

On family backpack trips when I was a youngster, we always packed pistachio pudding mixed with powdered milk. Put it a plastic container, mix with water and shake. Then put it a cold lake or creek for about 1 hour to set up. Yum!

That's a great idea. When I was in high school on a church camp out, it was pudding in a bag. It made it easy to mix up by squishing it around with your hands.

I've been toying of freezing perishable things for the first night. Then by the time you're ready to eat that night, they are thawed but still good. Is this for kids? If so, pack in s'more stuff.

Lunch sized Diced peaches in fruit juice or light syrup. Cooled in a mountain stream, quite refreshing at the end of a hot day.

f246d453-6f73-4a23-a824-28ca93cec17b_1.5a60a428bc650fc7e083491823043a2c.jpeg

Mentioned above, but my go-to is a Honey Stinger, a pouch of Justin's maple almond butter, and a pouch of Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter. Can't remember who I stole that idea from, but I sure look forward to it each day.

Has to be almond joy. Always a family tradition since grandpa passed away (his favorite candy bar). We now eat one whenever we have a successful hunt.

Lunch sized Diced peaches in fruit juice or light syrup. Cooled in a mountain stream, quite refreshing at the end of a hot day.

f246d453-6f73-4a23-a824-28ca93cec17b_1.5a60a428bc650fc7e083491823043a2c.jpeg

I know they are heavy but one of these, or a child's applesauce packet makes such a difference after eating freeze-dried or dehydrated meals for a couple of days. I have also been known to throw in an apple.

Smores pop tarts or chocolate peanut butter pop tarts,home made jerky and some whiskey of course.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back