MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Your favorite treat to eat on a backpack trip

It's tough to beat a Snickers bar for me. I usually try to bring a freeze dried pie or something as well. Those things are delicious.

Snickers keep me on the mountain. They get me out of crippler mode. Hard salami sounds awesome but I haven't tried that yet.

Variety of flavored drinks to keep hydration interesting.

Depending how tight the weight requires, my favorite are tuna pouches - sounds strange but they're pretty darn good and have a variety of flavors. Nice protein punch, w/ one of those new cliff bars that have soft peanut butter inside.

I may have to rummage my backpack for a snack...

Red Vines. They have to be soft, preferably a little warm. I also keep a Mexican Coke (glass bottle, cane sugar not corn syrup) on ice in the truck for when I get back out.

Also a big fan of summer sausage, cheese, and an apple with some Ritz crackers my first night in.

Probably the #1 greatest tasting thing though, was one time back in high school I went on a 3 night trip with some friends. Each was responsible for dinner 1 night. I drew short straw and had the 3rd night... I ended up hiding a watermelon wrapped in a sweat shirt in my pack. We got to camp that night, I chilled the watermelon in the stream, and after dinner I broke that out. Tasted INCREDIBLE. Sometimes the weight is just worth it.

Nice! That looks like a golden trout in the lower pic. Or is it just a colored-up cutt? Hard to tell on my phone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back