Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

agreed mtmuley, my problem with it is people saw it as this magical fix a flat to every rifle problem they've ever had. I guess the 260 Remington hasn't been around for a while.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in Montana View Post

I guess what I'm saying is its not the rifle its what the Manbun wearers usually want to do with it.
    You could insert about any cartridge into this statement and it would be true, although itís not what people WANT to do something much as itís what they THINK they can do. Idiots arenít exclusive to the Man Bun.
    Fear the beard....

Quote Originally Posted by JLS View Post
    Idiots aren’t exclusive to the Man Bun.
    Pretty much sums it up!

Poll
    Pole
    Pol
    I like chocolate milk.
    View Poll Results

Quote Originally Posted by JLS View Post
    You could insert about any cartridge into this statement and it would be true, although it’s not what people WANT to do something much as it’s what they THINK they can do. Idiots aren’t exclusive to the Man Bun.
    I agree. Its just that most of the goofballs that think its a good idea to try to shoot game 1000yds away seem to have gravitated toward the 6.5MB these days. I have nothing against the cartridge, but I do have a problem with people that lob irresponsible shots into a herd at first light. I see it every fall.

Yep, that's one of my peves. I just can't stay off the soapbox with some things.
    Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly.

Micah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in Montana View Post
    I agree. Its just that most of the goofballs have gravitated toward the *any mag caliber* these days. I have nothing against the cartridge, but I do have a problem with people that lob irresponsible shots into a herd at first light. I see it every fall.
    FIFY...it's the "knockdown power will make up for a bad shot" myth

Quote Originally Posted by Idahoarcheryhunter View Post
    agreed mtmuley, my problem with it is people saw it as this magical fix a flat to every rifle problem they've ever had.
    This. mtmuley

8. Default

Jack O'Conner had a great answer to about the same question with the 270. "What's the bullet gonna do, bounce off"? I've used my 6.5x06 with great results and now use my 30-06 but my backup is a 6.5x55! What's the bullet gonna do, bounce off!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Fischer View Post
    Jack O'Conner had a great answer to about the same question with the 270. "What's the bullet gonna do, bounce off"? I've used my 6.5x06 with great results and now use my 30-06 but my backup is a 6.5x55! What's the bullet gonna do, bounce off!
    A 6.5mm 140 grain bullet going 2900 fps from a 9 twist barrel doesn't really give a shit which rifle, powder or cartridge case propelled it. So in that respect Jack O' was right. Bullet placement is key as is the arousal level of the target. Calm animals unaware of your presence usually go down quite rapidly.

Sounds like 2016 in this thread. 6 cm is the new 6.5.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12