Barrett Fieldcraft

CaseyM

My buddy just ordered a Barrett Fieldcraft in 308 with the 18" barrel. Anyone have experience with this model of rifle?

Last edited:
If I were to purge my current 7mm-08 I'd get one of these. Seems a lot of people are very happy with these little rifles. Personally I would have gone with 21" version to balance things out a bit and to take advantage of the slight increase in velocity/powder efficiency. If he plans on putting a suppressor on it I think he'll be quite happy.

Reviews are good overall. Some favoring the long action due to barrel contour. I will probably end up with a 7mm08 with 21 barrel. My only hang up is the blind magazine. But only because I have no experience with them.

I have a 6.5CRM in the 18” fieldcraft and I love it. By fair my favorite rifle amongst my stable of Tikka’s, Sakos, and a Ruger. Super accurate, sub inch at 200 if I do my part. It’ll eventually be my NZ gun with a titanium suppressor.

They're great rifles. From what I've read, they've halted production to work on gov contracts so if you want one I'd grab it soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back