Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Wyoming

JosephBrown

I'm heading out to Wyoming to pronghorn hunt in unit 16 this fall. I've never been there and was wondering if the unit has any bears as well. If so, it looks like I'll buy a bear tag. Has anyone hunted there and seen bears while hunting?

The parts of 16 where I have been didn't seem like a very likely place to see a bear. I'm not saying it's impossible, but from my experience I'd just concentrate on your pronghorn.

I hunted this unit two years ago and I agree with the others. Not saying there aren't bears there, but it didn't look like good bear habitat in my opinion. Probably better off buying a small game license and hunting rabbits like walkathon mentioned.

Thanks for the responses! I've never been to that are so had no idea what the habitat is like. Looks like I'll focus on pronghorn

Wyoming Antelope Hunt Area 16 does not have a resident population of black bears.

The Bighorn Mountains to the west have a resident population, but not a lot of spot and stalk hunting in the southern half of the national forest. Most bear hunters hunt over bait in that part of the national forest.

Concentrate on antelope.

ClearCreek

Back