Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Those look like rock cuts to me. 48k out of a set of 10 ply tires on a truck? That's very good, especially if used off-road at all. It doesn't matter what tire I put on !y truck, but I don't get 25k out of them before I destroy sidewalls from rocks.

Also, it's not uncommon for truck tires to not have a warranty because of the expected use. For that reason, I just find the best deal I can and expect to replace tires every two years, regardless of tread life remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by antelopedundee View Post
    I would think that off road with mostly dirt or grass that you could get another 25K out of them.
    I sure as hell wouldn’t try.
    Fear the beard....

Try the K02 tire. I drive 60k miles a year and that includes horrible mine roads and mountain roads. All my problems went away when I switched to them.

If I schedule a tire change at 60k miles then I miss getting a flat at all. 65k miles and then the flats show up, but 60k is pretty darn good for tires I think.
    Last edited by 375H&H; 08-20-2018 at 08:20 PM.
    Coal. Guns. Freedom.

4. Default

It is hard to beat KO2 tires.

"Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much." John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by JLS View Post
    I sure as hell wouldn’t try.

He got 48K miles out of them. Off road without rocks but mostly dirt or grass I think he could have expected a lot more than 48K out of them IMO. I didn't mean to try for 25K more with THOSE tires.

Quote Originally Posted by antelopedundee View Post
    He got 48K miles out of them. Off road without rocks but mostly dirt or grass I think he could have expected a lot more than 48K out of them IMO. I didn't mean to try for 25K more with THOSE tires.
    LOL, gotcha. That makes a lot more sense.
    Fear the beard....

Thanks guys.

Usually there's not a lot of weight in the bed, but sometimes I have a full water tank (50-70 gallons) plus camp or other equipment.

I'll check into the K02 tires, thanks for the tip.

If I get to keep driving in the mountains, I guess I'll plan to replace tires sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by elkmagnet View Post
    That's tread separation. Get those tires off of there asap. Tire tread separation is known to cause a lot of roll over accidents. Especially in SUVs and trucks.
    As said above the culprit is usually under inflation.
    If you know that the tires were not run under inflated then demand the tire shop pull one off the rim for you to inspect together.
    A tire that looks like this from under inflation will have a lot of burnt rubber dust and chunks inside from the sidewall over heating.
    If their isn't anything in there than it is a manufacturer defect or old tire. Either way if you have bought them in the last few years you should have a warranty claim
    Well said and under inflation was my first thought too.
    I don't know what size the tires are but most trucks have 16 or 17 inch tires. I would run a minimum of 60 psi and probably more in tires of that size.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12