Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Sitka Vs Kuiu

Love my Kuiu gear, don't have much to compare it to but I don't think I'll buy anything else to compare either.

I’d piece together a system of layers of whatever clothing fits you and your budget. A down jacket like the Kelvin hoody is super nice to have stuffed in the pack for the coldest of the cold hunts, or for a makeshift pillow on long drives. Merino is my favorite base for the warmth and lack of stench after numerous days of wear. For hunts on top of the beartooth it’s hard to beat a merino longsleeve top, waffle top (Patagonia R hoody/Sitka core heavy weight hoody, and a down jacket like the kelvin. When you are hiking, the hoody can be in your pack ready for the glassing session. Bottoms, I go with merino leggings, smart wool socks, and either Timberline or grinder pants, but any of the pants mentioned above I’m sure are great. I have a simple, lightweight pair of Cabela’s rain pants that are nice in the snow for keeping dry and cutting the wind, too. At the end of the day, you’re going to have guys in each camp. Winchester or Remington? 6.5 Creedmore or 6.5 PRC? It’s all good anymore.

Dang. I thought this was going to be a youtube video of a cage fight between Kevin Sloan and Jason Hariston.

Ive owned First Lite and Kuiu....can't go wrong with either, its all great stuff. I'm sure Sitka is great too if you want to pay the mark up on the clothing.

Ford vs Chevy, it's all about layering when you're talking about hunting in the colder weather I personally like my Sitka gear but know plenty of guys who like kuiu. If you can go try some of the Sitka on and see how it fits/feels to you kuiu doesn't have any dealers if I remember correctly so you're kind of SOL there. If you do go the Sitka gear route I really recommend the mountain pants, I've worn them in early August archery hunting and in late December on depredation hunts they are tough as nails.

Ditto to everything here.

My kit is a mix of things i like from First Lite, Sitka, and Kuiu. All have some great pieces, some good pieces, and a very few things that miss the mark. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of those companies.

Back