Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Moose Season

IMG_3014.jpg my son took this bull last year in BC, our guide took it apart with our help in about one hour with a Swiss Army knife !

Nice pictures. I killed a forkhorn last Sunday while road hunting. My first moose!

Congratulations! I've realized that some moose hunting is a little like hunting antelope. Drive or hike around until you spot something, then set up a stalk. With moose you have the advantage of being able to call them closer during the rut. At least you didn't have a long packout.

This morning I went to a different location and at first light as I got out of the truck, a cow, yearling calf and a bull walked by at 25 ft. away. I grunted back and forth with the bull. He was about the same size, maybe smaller than the one yesterday. I hunted the wetlands around an alpine lake and as I returned I met the only other rifle moose hunter in the area (~1500 sq. miles). We exchanged info and will share photos of what we end up taking.

I'll keep plugging away.

I have to say that the meat is Highly underrated.I should have plenty on my hands for a while. But, definitely interested in a cow tag or another fork/spike unit down the road for the meat.

Day 3 of my CO hunt. Haven't been in a hurry because the new larger freezer won't be delivered until Friday.

Today I came across two bull moose. The first as I was driving the Peak-to-Peak to Caribou. Nice bull but I didn't get a frontal view of the spread. It was still dark and he moved onto private land so I had to let him go. Then when I got home and began unloading the truck, a bull walked by me at 15 feet. As he walked up the driveway I grunted and he turned around. When I gave a cow whine he walked toward me. I thought I might have to run around the truck. What great animals! He'll be a shooter around day ten of the season, and I won't have to pack him very far.

Yard-moose-10-3-2018.jpg

Day 3 of my CO hunt. Haven't been in a hurry because the new larger freezer won't be delivered until Friday.

Today I came across two bull moose. The first as I was driving the Peak-to-Peak to Caribou. Nice bull but I didn't get a frontal view of the spread. It was still dark and he moved onto private land so I had to let him go. Then when I got home and began unloading the truck, a bull walked by me at 15 feet. As he walked up the driveway I grunted and he turned around. When I gave a cow whine he walked toward me. I thought I might have to run around the truck. What great animals! He'll be a shooter around day ten of the season, and I won't have to pack him very far.

View attachment 87917

Awesome! Enjoying following your story. Has to be awesome to have a tag in your pocket!

Good luck Hummer!

That would have been an easy packing job alright. :hump:

We're headed out for pronghorn for the weekend, so I can't help you this weekend if you get one down!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back