Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moose Season

Day 3 of my CO hunt. Haven't been in a hurry because the new larger freezer won't be delivered until Friday.

Today I came across two bull moose. The first as I was driving the Peak-to-Peak to Caribou. Nice bull but I didn't get a frontal view of the spread. It was still dark and he moved onto private land so I had to let him go. Then when I got home and began unloading the truck, a bull walked by me at 15 feet. As he walked up the driveway I grunted and he turned around. When I gave a cow whine he walked toward me. I thought I might have to run around the truck. What great animals! He'll be a shooter around day ten of the season, and I won't have to pack him very far.

Name:  Yard-moose-10-3-2018.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  76.5 KB
    So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    Day 3 of my CO hunt. Haven't been in a hurry because the new larger freezer won't be delivered until Friday.

Today I came across two bull moose. The first as I was driving the Peak-to-Peak to Caribou. Nice bull but I didn't get a frontal view of the spread. It was still dark and he moved onto private land so I had to let him go. Then when I got home and began unloading the truck, a bull walked by me at 15 feet. As he walked up the driveway I grunted and he turned around. When I gave a cow whine he walked toward me. I thought I might have to run around the truck. What great animals! He'll be a shooter around day ten of the season, and I won't have to pack him very far.

Name:  Yard-moose-10-3-2018.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  76.5 KB

Awesome! Enjoying following your story. Has to be awesome to have a tag in your pocket!

Good luck Hummer!

That would have been an easy packing job alright.

We're headed out for pronghorn for the weekend, so I can't help you this weekend if you get one down!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12