Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

sitka mid layer options

smitty661

I have my core base layer, timberline pants and kelvin lite puffy. Im wondering what would be a good mid layer for september elk in idaho at 6-8k feet? I am thinking a core lightweight hoody or the heavyweight hoody should be good but was hoping somebody with experience might chime in.

Thanks
smitty

I guess my post didnt go through.

Heres what i wrote. Id go with the heavy if you are going only with those options. But you should also look into the jetstream and mluntain vests. I think keeping the wind off your core would be enough. If you can get all three even better.

Ill be running my jetstream over a lightwright longsleeve during that time. If inneed it i can put on the heavyweight hoody or a merino layer. My next step would be to steip all that and go with the leihhtweight shiet and jetstream jacket. Then layer up underthat, but youd prob be into late october with that setup.

I just got a heavyweight hoody and its really nice. I'm a rifle hunter so its more of a October-November piece. The Jetstream vest may be a good addition for that situation. Cut the wind and provide a little warmth in the mornings. Those 3 layers and a good rain coat should get you through September unless there is a freak cold snap.

I wasn’t even thinking about a vest. Thanks guys I’ll look into your recommendations.

This is the exact same thing I do, works fine for me.
Cheers
Richard
Ill be running my jetstream over a lightwright longsleeve during that time. If inneed it i can put on the heavyweight hoody or a merino layer. My next step would be to steip all that and go with the leihhtweight shiet and jetstream jacket. Then layer up underthat, but youd prob be into late october with that setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back