A Utah's Hunter's Thoughts on Ep. 089

maverick9465

I'm a little over halfway through this episode with Brian Call, and I'm loving it. However, it is disappointing to see Utah cast in a negative light because of our elected officials in Congress. I just feel the need to let everyone know that the actions, comments and beliefs of people like Rep. Bishop and Sen. Lee regarding public lands in no way reflect those of many sportsmen and women here in Utah. Many of us, especially those of us in BHA here in Utah, have repeatedly contacted Bishop, Lee, Hatch and Chaffetz (when he was still in Congress) to voice our concerns and disapproval of their attacks on public lands. I personally haven't received any kind of response from any of their offices, aside from one from form letter from Sen. Hatch's office on LWCF.

I'm a new hunter and transplant to Utah. Having grown up in Louisiana, and having lived in Virginia, Michigan and California, I really had no concept of public lands until moving out here. Now that I've become educated on the matter (thanks in part to people like Randy Newberg and Steven Rinnella), I have become a passionate advocate for protection of MY public lands.

Utah is often bypassed in conversations around good western hunting where the focus is typically on states like Montana, Idaho and Colorado. But there is good hunting here and amazing public land to do it on. Furthermore, there are like-minded hunters and fishermen/women out here who are appalled at the actions of our Congressional delegation. Just know that we're on the ground in Utah fighting the good fight. Don't let Bishop, Lee and others become the face of Utah's sportsmen and women! I wholeheartedly agree with Brian Call's comments about those supporting taking away public lands being the very people who rarely, if ever, actually go and spend time on the land.

Thanks to Randy and team for continuing to go on offense in voicing support for public lands.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back