Caribou Gear

Wyoming Unit 2 Advice

None of your friggin business, but it would have been mine if I had the tag that year instead of my resident buddy and with that post of yours you are now going on the Ignore list. Funny you ask about Avatars when my buddy contacted Randy and he warned you to immediately take down the picture in your avatar of my buddy that killed that bull that you posted illegally on here a year or two ago, LOL! I do apologize to the other members that this DB completely sidetracked the thread!

It would have been yours, but your buddy shot it....instant classic!

Again Mr. Smart azz, nowhere did I say that I haven't been in that unit or that what I posted was just from a map. Take your poor manners and lack of courtesy to your fellow members and stick them where the sun don't shine!

Why don't you quit acting like an insufferable ass and take your own advice?

Antelope move a lot. It doesn't always take big chunks of public land. Sometimes it just takes patience to wait for them to cross the public land. You already have the tag, get your OnX or a good map and go hunt.

Why don't you quit acting like an insufferable ass and take your own advice?

In case you also lack reading comprehension I was not the one that started the BS on the thread, but I will not sit back and let that jackass "do his thing" without responding and if you don't like it you can kiss my rear and/or put me on Ignore. You're another good one for chiming in with your BS instead of just letting the thread die like it was until you made your post! It was Greenhorn that started his BS posts like he always tries to cut people down to get his jollies. I gave good advice based on being in that unit as well as having good maps showing there is little legally accessible public land in the unit just like the other members also advised the OP! He also took a picture of my buddy and put it up without my buddy's consent and that is exactly why Randy made him take it down as soon as he was advised of the problem. It's too bad that a few have to come on here to cause trouble like he does and I'm very surprised Randy hasn't changed his password by now, but he's way too busy to check the site as much as he would probably like to to curb crap like this member tends to post!

Last edited:
It would have been yours, but your buddy shot it....instant classic!

It doesn't surprise me that now BuzzH has chimed in with his BS, but why now do you need to throw insults along with those two jackasses?! Yes, if I had the tag that year the bull would have been mine just as I mentioned. We were sitting together at daylight when that bull came over the top and down to where he was within range when it got to legal shooting light and John filled his tag with him and then we backpacked that bull back to the truck a long ways in terrible weather taking part of a second day to finish. As far as I know there is no law saying one can't put up an avatar of one's choice and in no way did I ever say, intimate, or tell anyone that I had killed and put my tag on that bull! Now for all you guys that are piling it on for no damn reason, go do something constructive like jumping in the ocean!

It doesn't surprise me that now BuzzH has chimed in with his BS, but why now do you need to throw insults along with those two jackasses?! Yes, if I had the tag that year the bull would have been mine just as I mentioned. We were sitting together at daylight when that bull came over the top and down to where he was within range when it got to legal shooting light and John filled his tag with him and then we backpacked that bull back to the truck a long ways in terrible weather taking part of a second day to finish. As far as I know there is no law saying one can't put up an avatar of one's choice and in no way did I ever say, intimate, or tell anyone that I had killed and put my tag on that bull! Now for all you guys that are piling it on for no damn reason, go do something constructive like jumping in the ocean!

Those two jackasses happen to be good friends of mine....

So you've been hunting antelope in Wyoming every year since 1999? And you're going to school us on how to do it? TFF...I take that back, it's not funny, it's ridiculous.

FWIW, I killed my first antelope buck in 1970. My first in Wyoming was 1985.

Those two jackasses happen to be good friends of mine....

So you've been hunting antelope in Wyoming every year since 1999? And you're going to school us on how to do it? TFF...I take that back, it's not funny, it's ridiculous.

FWIW, I killed my first antelope buck in 1970. My first in Wyoming was 1985.

Please find a post where I've told any of the three of you how to hunt antelope because all this thread is talking about is a hard to access unit with very little accessible public land that may or may not hold antelope. I'd also be very careful if those two are your good friends because it looks like their poor behavior of ruining threads are rubbing off on you! I'd bet that there isn't another NR on this website you can name that is out in Wyoming not only hunting, but scouting, all over the state for two months every year like I have since I retired in 2002.
I'd also bet that in the near future this thread gets locked because of the three of you and your posts that are against the rules Randy has on here regarding rude and harassing posts towards other members!!! Any bets?

I can confirm that there is huntable goats in unit 2, like previously stated bide your time and they will filter into legal ground, take the advise above and put some miles on your truck. I have hunted Wyoming since 1989, my 1st hunt was a combo deer/goat/turkey hunt in unit 2. I hunted it on and off for 15 or so years. hunted private a few years, but the bulk was public filled tags. be patient and you will do fine. a GPS is vital to knowing where you are, lots of public fenced in with private so use the GPS to make sure your legal.

My intel are boots on the ground, with about 10 goat tags filled in unit 2.

2 months every year? that would be nice to have, but I typically don't need much time in game rich WYO. But I have taken 2 book antelope along with over 25 other bucks from the mid 70's to my best of 84 and change

Add 5 6x6 or better bulls that average over 300. 15 cows another 20 plus 8point or better whitetails that range from the low 120's to 160ish and 2 mulies both over 180.

I have also been involved with most likely over 100 goat kills and that many deer, but only another 6-7 bulls and a few cows

oh ya between myself and hunting partners add 30 or so turkeys.

with only a few exceptions all were on public.

I think if Buzz or some of the other guys were to report out it would scare some people and the other would not believe the #'s

Last edited:
I can confirm that there is huntable goats in unit 2, like previously stated bide your time and they will filter into legal ground, take the advise above and put some miles on your truck. I have hunted Wyoming since 1989, my 1st hunt was a combo deer/goat/turkey hunt in unit 2. I hunted it on and off for 15 or so years. hunted private a few years, but the bulk was public filled tags. be patient and you will do fine. a GPS is vital to knowing where you are, lots of public fenced in with private so use the GPS to make sure your legal.

My intel are boots on the ground, with about 10 goat tags filled in unit 2.

2 months every year? that would be nice to have, but I typically don't need much time in game rich WYO. But I have taken 2 book antelope along with over 25 other bucks from the mid 70's to my best of 84 and change

Add 5 6x6 or better bulls that average over 300. 15 cows another 20 plus 8point or better whitetails that range from the low 120's to 160ish and 2 mulies both over 180.

I have also been involved with most likely over 100 goat kills and that many deer, but only another 6-7 bulls and a few cows

oh ya between myself and hunting partners add 30 or so turkeys.

with only a few exceptions all were on public.

I think if Buzz or some of the other guys were to report out it would scare some people and the other would not believe the #'s

I don't go out for two months every year just to fill a bunch of tags that I could draw or purchase as leftovers. Back when I was young and started night hunting behind our two coon hounds when I was 5 some 66 years ago now, my Dad taught me early on that killing was just one of the reasons to go out and enjoy what God put on this earth for us to enjoy. I took that to heart and unlike BuzzH that knows exactly the number of animals he's killed, and yes there is no arguing that it's a very high number, I've not kept track by the numbers, but you can bet your rear that I can remember each one like it was yesterday and it is more than most would ever hope to take in a lifetime. Nowadays I really enjoy exploring new country and do a lot of that while i'm out there and most of it isn't looking out the window of a PU! I actually spend a lot more time now helping my buddy and several other good friends out there fill their tags. I get just as much or more fun doing that as if I pulled the trigger and that was the case with that 357 3/8" bull in my avatar that my buddy shot in 2010. Let's please just all get along and enjoy what we all have in the outdoors and stop all this petty BS!

I don't go out for two months every year just to fill a bunch of tags that I could draw or purchase as leftovers. Back when I was young and started night hunting behind our two coon hounds when I was 5 some 66 years ago now, my Dad taught me early on that killing was just one of the reasons to go out and enjoy what God put on this earth for us to enjoy. I took that to heart and unlike BuzzH that knows exactly the number of animals he's killed, and yes there is no arguing that it's a very high number, I've not kept track by the numbers, but you can bet your rear that I can remember each one like it was yesterday and it is more than most would ever hope to take in a lifetime. Nowadays I really enjoy exploring new country and do a lot of that while i'm out there and most of it isn't looking out the window of a PU! I actually spend a lot more time now helping my buddy and several other good friends out there fill their tags. I get just as much or more fun doing that as if I pulled the trigger and that was the case with that 357 3/8" bull in my avatar that my buddy shot in 2010. Let's please just all get along and enjoy what we all have in the outdoors and stop all this petty BS!

LOL, its not about killing but can quote to the 1/8" a bull someone else killed 8 years ago...

I'm not really trying to pile on, but once in a while you can let a thread or two about wyoming go by without posting

LOL, its not about killing but can quote to the 1/8" a bull someone else killed 8 years ago...

I'm not really trying to pile on, but once in a while you can let a thread or two about wyoming go by without posting

So now mentioning a score of a good animal that I happened to be involved with in your opinion means I'm a liar from the way I read your post! Also, if you didn't want to pile it on the best thing would have been not to make your post at all!

For the love of God.. please stop. I’m embarrassed for you, even more so than usual.

I guess my thoughts are, I hunt, I kill, I eat what I kill. I have not bought hamburger since about 2006, when my freezer died a miserable death while I was on vacation....before that it was most likely mid 1990's,about 400lbs of elk/deer and moose ended up in the land fill. I kill and fill my freezer with wild game from pigs in TX to deer (no so much, I think I have eaten enough deer for a couple lifetimes) elk,antelope and moose the couple times I had a tag. the only meat I buy is chicken (cheaper to buy than raise) and ribeyes/tri-tips to grill. I would beat that every ounce of meat Buzz takes is eaten by himself or friends. pure and clean. I have no issue if someone wants to vacation,sightsee and enjoy gods creations, but I am a hunter that prides myself on providing meat for my table as well as friends and family. and I too can remember vividly the hunts that put that meat on the table. it just happens that most of my tags are filled with mature/adult animals.

put it this way, I shot a moose and 2 caribou in Alaska on a DIY hunt and brought back all except about 50lbs of moose and a couple caribou quarters. price per pound were thru the roof, but I wanted to eat that moose/caribou. the moose and 1 of the caribou went book and the other caribou was close.

I would like to have a couple months to hang out in WYO, maybe someday, a couple terms of Trump will hopefully put me over the top in my 401k. 8 years of the last dude made me think I would never reach my retirement goals

I guess my thoughts are, I hunt, I kill, I eat what I kill. I have not bought hamburger since about 2006, when my freezer died a miserable death while I was on vacation....before that it was most likely mid 1990's,about 400lbs of elk/deer and moose ended up in the land fill. I kill and fill my freezer with wild game from pigs in TX to deer (no so much, I think I have eaten enough deer for a couple lifetimes) elk,antelope and moose the couple times I had a tag. the only meat I buy is chicken (cheaper to buy than raise) and ribeyes/tri-tips to grill. I would beat that every ounce of meat Buzz takes is eaten by himself or friends. pure and clean. I have no issue if someone wants to vacation,sightsee and enjoy gods creations, but I am a hunter that prides myself on providing meat for my table as well as friends and family. and I too can remember vividly the hunts that put that meat on the table. it just happens that most of my tags are filled with mature/adult animals.

put it this way, I shot a moose and 2 caribou in Alaska on a DIY hunt and brought back all except about 50lbs of moose and a couple caribou quarters. price per pound were thru the roof, but I wanted to eat that moose/caribou. the moose and 1 of the caribou went book and the other caribou was close.

I would like to have a couple months to hang out in WYO, maybe someday, a couple terms of Trump will hopefully put me over the top in my 401k. 8 years of the last dude made me think I would never reach my retirement goals

I don't shoot anything that I don't eat myself or give to the needy out there or my friends. I have enough in my freezer for myself and now may put a little little more in it since my wife didn't even like the smell of wild game, but now that I lost her on 6/3 last year and am by myself I'll probably have a little more every week. I'm sure BuzzH doesn't waste anything and don't know why you even mentioned that since I said nothing to bring that comment out. I guess you might call what I do is a vacation of sorts, but I can't think of any better vacation than doing what I do in the field every year for the length of time I do it! Peace man!

Back