MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Vortex Razor HD LH vs Leupold VX-5

riv3rbanks

I've had the pleasure of looking at the Leupold in Cabelas, but have not seen the Vortex in person. I have looked at the Tactical version of the Razor scopes and to my eyes, the glass is better than the Leupold. Just wondering if that stays true with the lite hunter version. Price is about the same. The vortex may be a tad less expensive. I like the quality both brands bring to the table, but the warranty on the vortex seems better. Does anyone have any insight?

I compared them both, and ended up with the leupold 3-15 with the firedot. To me, the leupold is a lot more scope and I could justify the extra money. The vortex LH has been on some closeout sales for about $600. Warranties from both companies are exceptional. Leupold doesn't warranty electronic components forever, so if you choose a firedot reticle thats something to consider.

To me the 3-15 Vortex Razor LH had a very narrow field of view... not sure on how the specs compare, but that is how my eye saw it.

The locking exposed turrets and the firedot are what really sold me.

I haven't looked through that particular Vortex scope, but I looked through a Vortex Razor HD and my buddy's VX-5 two weeks ago at the range. I preferred the VX-5 all around. The locking turrets as GearJunky mentioned are super nice and relatively low profile. I don't think you could go wrong with the VX-5. It got me thinking about selling my Mark 4 scope and picking one up...

I went with the vx5 and think the glass is superb. I did a lot of shooting before ordering my turret and it seems to track well and always returned to zero.
Now hopefully I will receive my turret before season

I really like the vx-5. The locking turret is a really nice feature. The glass is exceptional. It’s lightweight and the fov is great at all magnifications. The only thing I don’t like about it is the windage dial feels cheap and the weatherproof gasket that seals it just looks out of place for a scope that is this nice.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back