PEAX Equipment

Based in MT looking to start hunting mule deer with otc tags in other states

mtnman375

Im looking for any help i can get from seasons to tag prices ideas on where to start

AZ has great OTC archery opportunities that exist well after Montana seasons are over, and at a good price, too. I've been down there a a couple times since spending time at Ft. Huachuca with the Army, and love the country and the challenge the little Coues provide! SD also has some good deer hunting opportunities at a good price point. Shorter drive, as well.

AZ has great OTC archery opportunities that exist well after Montana seasons are over, and at a good price, too. I've been down there a a couple times since spending time at Ft. Huachuca with the Army, and love the country and the challenge the little Coues provide! SD also has some good deer hunting opportunities at a good price point. Shorter drive, as well.

What area of the state were you primarily hunting? I have family down there and it has always been on my bucket list to hunt AZ

Huachuca Mountains around Sierra Vista and the Green Valley to the west of the Huschucas. Lots of Coues along the border, muleys are thinner as far as numbers go.

Huachuca Mountains around Sierra Vista and the Green Valley to the west of the Huschucas. Lots of Coues along the border, muleys are thinner as far as numbers go.

Thank you, thats good to know - I think that is only a few hours from my parents, so I'll check with my old man and look into getting something planned. Coues would be a great trophy in and of itself - can you shoot either coues or muleys on the general deer tag? I would assume so, I didn't see any distinction when I checked the AZGFD website

I hunt Nebraska every year from Wyoming. Cheap tags and not a lot of serious hunters to compete with as well as a short drive.

California...however, it’s hot and season is short..shuts down before RUT! Makes no sense...but you can get an A zone tag and D-3/5 tag. Costal Blacktail and mule deer.

Thank you, thats good to know - I think that is only a few hours from my parents, so I'll check with my old man and look into getting something planned. Coues would be a great trophy in and of itself - can you shoot either coues or muleys on the general deer tag? I would assume so, I didn't see any distinction when I checked the AZGFD website

Check the individual unit and season regs, but during archery the easy answer is ‘yes’, although you won’t find a mule deer in coues habitat and vice versa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back