CO Leftovers Posted!

Thanks for the tip. All 4 of the tags I was hoping might show up are there. My issue is that I'll be out of town on the 7th, so will have to try the Online/Phone route. That usually goes poorly at best.

Good luck to everyone!

:confused: My daughter didn't draw one of the elk tags on the list as a second choice....Not sure what we would have done wrong in the app..:confused:

My third choice elk tag showed up on the left over list. I am not to familiar with CO drawing system. I assume that all the non resident tag quota was already filled and these leftovers are from the resident pool?

Probably a fair number of people that didn’t end up having payment information in the system either.

lots of returned tags that took points to draw on that list

I wonder if this is a result of the "pay when you draw" change? You may have more people applying for tags who aren't really serious about making the hunt happen.

It says on the CPW website that the reissue process begins a week later on the 14th. It's confusing to me that all these tags are on here.

It says on the CPW website that the reissue process begins a week later on the 14th. It's confusing to me that all these tags are on here.

I believe that's for returned tags past 8/7. All the tags on that list go on sale 8/7 at 0900 MDT.

Awesome! thanks Broken Arrow! gotta start banking my husband points to earn another hunt away from the family.

Surprised at some of those tags. Wasn't planning on hunting Co this year, but definitely will be calling on the 7th and see if I can pick up my favorite cow elk tag.

So do the applicants who selected leftover tags on the draw get first shot at this list of leftover tags? Or have they already had their shot?

Not sure if any of you are members of the CO hunting group(s) on Facebook, but there are some entertaining conspiracy theories being bandied about right now (direct quotes follow):

"How can there be 29000 elk tags availible and my whole group didnt draw?"
"Your 1st choice is the only one that can draw a tag"
"Its a democrat conspiracy"
"I didn’t put in for a tag, and got one in the mail" (my favorite)

etc...

I will say that the verbiage on 'Reissued' licenses going on sale 8/14 on the CPW website is causing a lot of confusion - there are certainly already returned tags on this list, plus failed payment tags and some number of 'true' leftovers that survived the main draw and the leftover draw. I did send them an email to clarify for my own curiosity (not expecting a response given their workload right now).

So do the applicants who selected leftover tags on the draw get first shot at this list of leftover tags? Or have they already had their shot?

People that checked "left over" already had their second shot. These are the "left over" left overs and any tags that took less than 5 points to draw that were turned back in

Rookie question. I see I can enter up to 4 hunt codes on the online form. I'm assuming if I list 4 choices, it will go in order, 1-4, and I'll only be charged for the highest option still available? Just want to make sure I don't end up buying 4 tags... (which I don't think is even possible?).

Thanks!

Aten- You are correct that you will only be charged for (1) tag in order of preference.

There are a lot of tags that have already been returned that are on the Leftover List is where the confusion is. Many think that since they showed up on the list that they should have drawn the tag, but it's just a reissued tag that went to someone in the main drawing (or the leftover drawing) and is now available to the public again.

The August 14th date is when tags that get returned after today start to go on the list in a random fashion that our App will monitor for. Tags will be placed on the list throughout the year as folks turn them in. Big dates to remember are 30 days prior to a season starting.

I think a lot of the tags that we're seeing are from folks that had a credit card issue and the CPW wasn't able to charge their card so it's on the list for us all to pick over.

Here's a good guide regarding how to purchase tags via the online option tomorrow rather than being in person at a vendor.

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Hu...e-2&utm_campaign=LeftoverPurchaseInstructions

Copy and paste it into your browser or go here and click the link labeled, "Leftover day Purchasing Guide"

http://cpw.state.co.us/

Aten- You are correct that you will only be charged for (1) tag in order of preference.

There are a lot of tags that have already been returned that are on the Leftover List is where the confusion is. Many think that since they showed up on the list that they should have drawn the tag, but it's just a reissued tag that went to someone in the main drawing (or the leftover drawing) and is now available to the public again.

The August 14th date is when tags that get returned after today start to go on the list in a random fashion that our App will monitor for. Tags will be placed on the list throughout the year as folks turn them in. Big dates to remember are 30 days prior to a season starting.

I think a lot of the tags that we're seeing are from folks that had a credit card issue and the CPW wasn't able to charge their card so it's on the list for us all to pick over.

Here's a good guide regarding how to purchase tags via the online option tomorrow rather than being in person at a vendor.

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Hu...e-2&utm_campaign=LeftoverPurchaseInstructions

Copy and paste it into your browser or go here and click the link labeled, "Leftover day Purchasing Guide"

http://cpw.state.co.us/

Great - thanks so much for the detailed response!! Fingers crossed tomorrow morning goes well for everyone!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back