Caribou Gear Tarp

Sight on Dovetail Travel Advice

NYSKIER

Greetings Hunt Talkers!

Season is almost here! Before my question I'm going to give you guys a little background. About three weeks ago my shooting went in the trash and I kept shooting with my bow canted and couldn't figure out why. I finally decided to double check my sightl evel and it's a good thing I did because it was one of the issues (Other issue was I'm assuming the canted shooting had thrown my bow out of tune because my perfectly tuned bow no required a full twist to the yokes). After this issue I got to thinking my sight is an MBG ascent on a dovetail and I'll be travel for hunts in a few weeks via airplane using an skb case. Should I take my sight off of the bow for travel and store it where I know it won't get thrown around or should I go with the normal method of packing it in the case surrounded by clothes. Any one have issues with their sight not being in line after reattaching it to the dovetail?

What do you guys think I should do?

Last edited:
Greetings Hunt Talkers!

Season is almost here! Before my question I'm going to give you guys a little background. About three weeks ago my shooting went in the trash and I kept shooting with my bow canted and couldn't figure out why. I finally decided to double check my sightl evel and it's a good thing I did because it was one of the issues (Other issue was I'm assuming the canted shooting had thrown my bow out of tune because my perfectly tuned bow no required a full twist to the yokes). After this issue I got to thinking my sight is an MBG ascent on a dovetail and I'll be travel for hunts in a few weeks via airplane using an skb case. Should I take my sight off of the bow for travel and store it where I know it won't get thrown around or should I go with the normal method of packing it in the case surrounded by clothes. Any one have issues with their sight not being in line after reattaching it to the dovetail?

What do you guys think I should do?

When traveling by plane to shoots I typically take the sight off the dovetail and keep it in my carry on bag (along w/ my binoculars and rangefinder). I have never had an issue when reinstalling the sight, just put a line with a marker where it lines up before removing it. I assume you plan on sliding the entire dovetail out of the sight mounting block.

Thanks targetpanic. I was planning on marking the spot and then sliding the entire dovetail out.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back