PEAX Equipment

Any good food around Bristol, TN?

Dave N

Wife and I are headed to the NASCAR race in Bristol and we always like trying out the food wherever we go. Anyone have any recommendations on good spots? Not into breweries, just good places for anything from burgers to steaks. Pretty much will only have Sunday to explore and try things, unless Saturday night's race gets rained out. Staying in Elizabethton so that area would be on our list as well, if you know it. Breakfast is covered at the hotel. I looked around a little online and it seems just about every BBQ joint is closed on Sunday! One last question. Is the Waffle House all it's made out to be?

Thanks!

I would say Burger Bar but it's closed on Sunday. In blountville the Dixie Outpost has good bbq. Look for the bus there. If you like sweets the blackbird bakery cafe is killer. Love the cake there popular place. The 620 on state street is great can't go wrong there either.

OK, talked the wife into swinging through Memphis on the way home. That will cover my BBQ fix! Guess we'll be looking for a good steak or burger type place around or in Bristol. Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Last edited:
If you like seafood give surf and brew a try! If you have free time and want to see some deer ride around Boone lake near Davis boat dock before dark!

Change of plans! STILL going to the race in Bristol, but we've decided to extend the trip into a longer vacation. Looking at swinging south exploring the Smoky Mountains and working our way back west through Gatlinburg, maybe northern Alabama, on towards Memphis and then back home. Going to take the whole week after the race off of work and just drive around exploring the mountains and small towns. Found a couple things that look promising for some fun. We'll probably stop at the Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster just for kicks. Wife wasn't quite sure about Dollywood even though she likes her. Too touristy? Pricey for sure...

If anyone has any suggestions for something that would be worth looking into on that general "loop" through there we would appreciate it. No set plans for routes, cities or towns, hotels or anything. Truly a wing it trip that could lead us anywhere. Overall, headed from Bristol south as far as we feel like in the mountains before heading west ending eventually in Memphis. Not into big cities unless there is a major attraction to see. We like the small town thing. Cozy little diners. Scenic roads. Damn, I'm getting old!

Thanks!

Cush bring your smoker,BBQ. Start a party..Getr' done!Heck shoot pigeons in the parking lot.H3ll it all tastes like chicken,except Skunks,Javelina,and dirt...and my EX!!:cool:

Been to Bristol for the spring race several times. I realize your plans have changed but most places are open all weekend race weekend.

Bristol is a big mecca for feedin' heck... Guttn" and Gilln' is their Motto Right Randy Newberg.:cool:

In the smokeys if ya wanna see some giant deer and possibly several bear one evening ride up to cades cove in the national park last few hours before dark. Monster bucks and a beautiful loop around there with some of the historical markers. Oh and you will wanna look up to find the bears if the wild cherries produced this year the bear will be in the trees.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back