Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Lowest Trigger Pull You Will Take Hunting

Lowest trigger pull you find safe to carry in the field?

• Less than 2lbs.

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • 2.0lbs.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • 2.5lbs.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • 3.0lbs

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • 3.5lbs.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • 4.0lbs.

• 4.5lbs.

• 5.0lbs or greater

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikingsGuy

Another poll in the hunter safety space. What is the lowest weight trigger pull you find safe (and actually use) for carrying in the field?

Another reason I like the accutrigger.. 2-2.5 personally, but we don’t carry our guns with bullets in the chamber so it’s not of much concern. Timber hunting or doing a drive I am not carrying one of the long range guns so no concern there either.. factory trigger is just fine for 9 power scopes and 100 yard shots

Around 2 pounds on my hunting rifles. I also lighten the trigger on my shotguns.

3# normally. I mite fill my doe tag with a rifle having a lighter TP, but won't load it until I'm ready.

I like a 2.5 lb trigger, but my hunting rifles with adjustable triggers (several different brands and models) only go down to about 3.5# and I am not willing to physically modify a trigger for safety reasons (and haven't taken the time/expense to go aftermarket). As such, my hunting is done at 3.5#

I have a Jewell trigger set at 2 pounds on a Remington 700 Ti. I don’t think it is too light and it really helps my consistency with the rifle. The 5.5 pound factory trigger just didn’t cut it with a six pound six ounce rifle (weight with scope).

Mine are set at 2lb.
Since i don't own a Reminton i have one in the pipe.
Selective fire safeties ya know.

All of mine are at three pounds but as I write that I’m aware my reasoning is that’s what my dad did and so that’s what I’ve done. I might have to give a two pounder a try.

Depends, not all triggers are created equally. On a single stage I think a crisp 2.5-3.5 lbs is great. A good two stage, I'll take a little off the weight.

However, I have some rifles with set triggers that will break in a moderate breeze.

1.75 lbs with bullet in chamber and safety off. You never know when that buck is going to come out from an alley and try to rob you. Plus I'm always confronting bears about littering and poor parking and it can escalate at times.

Seriously tho 2.5-3.5 lbs is great for me.

I have a couple of rifles w/ double set triggers. When the set trigger is engaged, the pull is measured in ounces, not pounds. I also have a few rifles in the 2-3 pound range, and my shotguns are generally in the 2-3 pound range.

It all comes down to the safety on your gun and the safety between your ears.

My 300 win mag sendero has a 5.5 pull right now (I know, I know, I need a trigger job done on it), but I have carried multiple guns in the 2 pound range with no problems. I do not have one chambered though.

3lbs is golden for me with a basic trigger, but both my Savages are down to 2.5lb. I'd love to get my M70 to break lower, I think it's around 5lbs now

I wouldn't carry any of those. Till I got my Mossberg with a 2.5 lb pull, lightest I've ever gone is 3lbs. Plenty light enough for a hunting rifle!

Back