New Bow!

Levajo

So my bowtech destroyer 350s top limb shattered on me and I finally have the excuse to get a new bow. I have shot the newest of the mathews, hoyts, bowtechs, and primes. I have narrowed it down to the Realm by bowtech or the centergy, logic or rize by Prime. My buddy has warned me not to go with a prime but i am seeing a lot of these guys like Corey Jacobsen, Jason Matzinger, and the Solo Hunter guys Remi Warren and Barret shooting them. The only reason I liked the Realm is because its backwall was very similar to that of the newer primes.

I got a reign 6 last year, best bow I have ever owned. thinking of picking up a realm in the next few weeks.. I am a diehard bow tech guy so go with the realm..

Last edited:
The TV guys go with the bow that sponsors them most of the time. Try both and see how they feel and go with that one.

I love my prime centergy I bought this year, just has a very stable feel to it and I probably shoot it better than any bow I've ever owned. Any reason why your buddy said not to go with Prime? Two of my good friends have been shooting them for a couple years (rize and rival) and have been very happy as well.

Cool. It's great to shoot a new bow. I finally upgraded from my 2004 model to a 2017 model last year and it's been awesome!
33 days and counting...

Getting a new bow is always fun. Get what feels comfortable. I still shoot my destroyer 350 . I know a couple guys that blew there limbs up I'm praying mine won't

I heard prime bows (The parallel cam) can be a pain to tune but that was just from one of the guys that works at the shop near me. With the bowtech you know that tuning it is pretty easy and straight forward. That's my two cents on your decision hopefully you will be happy either way.

There all really good. I dont know why your buddy's have a biased towards prime. There nice bows. Might be worth checking out elite and the new quest thrive as well. Hard to go wrong with anything the last few years.

I almost went with a prime but ended up with a mathews triax partially because of local support and fit to me. The short ata scared me but it felt great to me and shot well. I am sure that I may catch a little mathews hate with that (like at archerytalk), but I am ok with that. The shop I bought it from was great. They got it tuned and let me come back several times to make sure I am good and to check it out which helps. The bow it replaced was 12 years old though so most of the new bows were pretty amazing. If the bow feels good to you, fits well, you are probably alright with all the brands listed. I am not much on die hard one brand or another.

Shoot what you have from a good shop that supports it, and what feels best.

I just knew I was going to shoot Hoyt or Bowtech but Xpedition Xcursion7 was by far the best feeling bow for me. Your shop is going to help tune it, so they should be prepared for such and likely won't sell something they can't make their customer happy with.

I'm pro staff at the local bow shop who is a PSE dealer. I got the Bow Madness Epix instead of a carbon air since it only shoots about 12 FPS slower and is half the price. Plus I got a screaming deal on it since it was last year's stock :cool:

Thanks for the feedback guys I will be going into extreme performance here in Bozeman this week and shooting them all again and hopefully be walking out with a bow.

I really liked the Prime I shot (ultimately went with a Halon) primarily because of the steady backwall.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back