Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Senator Burr standing tall for public lands

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I post this for the hyper-partisan folks who think public lands and conservation are a binary choice. Senator Burr (NC-R) shows that advocacy for public lands is based in personal conservation ethos, not party stripe.

Senator Burr holds a lot of sway in the Senate. He fights tirelessly for public lands, with Land and Water Conservation Fund being one of his favorite programs.to fight for.

I've met with his staff and they tell a compelling story of how Senator Burr became such an avid supporter of public lands. He is swimming upstream against some strong current within his own party. If Senator Burr is your Senator, please thank him for his continued commitment to public lands.

LWCF expires in two months. If it dies, the greatest public access program in our history will die with it.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/burr-hold-water-bill-slow-others-conservation-fund

Montana’s junior Senator could learn some things from Senator Burr. I’ve gladly thanked Burr several times.

Is there a chart or graph for seeing which senators are for and against the legislation? Ours in Colorado tend to get a little flaky when it comes down to issues.

Kudos. Hopefully there is some traction here as well (from the Article Big Fin posted above):

Appropriations
Burr has also joined Sens. Cory Gardner,Michael Bennet, Jeanne Shaheen and Steve Daines on an amendment to the Interior-Environment title of the fiscal 2019 spending package on the floor this week that would also permanently authorize the program.

Kudos. Hopefully there is some traction here as well (from the Article Big Fin posted above):

Appropriations
Burr has also joined Sens. Cory Gardner,Michael Bennet, Jeanne Shaheen and Steve Daines on an amendment to the Interior-Environment title of the fiscal 2019 spending package on the floor this week that would also permanently authorize the program.

Thanks...makes me feel a little better about my senators

Senator Burr is a representative from my district and has personally help my family on a few occasions. I’ve sent him a message thanking him for what he is trying to do and let him know that he has my full support.

Thanks for posting good news about a good guy, Big Fin. I recall you often posting on the importance of recognizing and supporting legislators and advocates that defend public lands. HTers, please be as active in thanking public land supporters, as you are in confronting the PLT posse.

I listened to Senator Burr on the BHA podcast and was impressed in the beliefs he expressed. Glad to see those beliefs are translating to his policy positions and that he is pressuring others in his party to stand up for the LWCF and conservation.

Senator Burr is one of mine as well. He and his staff have done some pretty awesome things for conservation here on the ground. Worked with them a few times. The only federal office holder who replied to my letter in agreement on public lands and funding conservation

Nice to hear. Despite the fact that the vast majority of attacks on public lands have come from the Republican side of the aisle, they still have widespread bi-partisan support

It's great to hear that one of ours (NC) is fighting a good fight for public land! I've heard nothing but good things about Senator Burr, and this just adds to it!

I have been really skeptical of his view point on things based off of crappy form letters I have gotten back from him. But, after hearing him with Hal on the BHA Podcast and Blast, and now this, I have much a much better opinion of the guy.

I also have a better opinion of him! All of the conservation related emails I sent him usually only got automated responses, and an occasional SHIT response. Maybe the contact worked?!?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back