Golite Shangri-la redux coming

MinnesotaHunter

I hope they make the nests for them again. I have an SL5 with a stove boot so it's great for light winter camping, but I never got a nest and thusly my wife and kids do not love sleeping in it in the summer due to creeping crawlies and buzzing stingies. I don't see an option on their website that analogous to the SL5 but at least its encouraging they are starting up part of the line.

^ Ha! I had one exactly the same with the same thoughts from the wife, ended up trading it off and bought one with nest.

Love my SL-5, such a good lightweight option for 3 guys in the backcountry, glad to hear they may be back on the market soon. For the nests I believe some guys have had good luck getting nests made by Bear Paw Wilderness designs if that's all you need.

Good to hear! I have a small SL and do like it. Options are good. If they are the same size(s) as the old ones, I could see my self ending up with a nest.

I hope they make the nests for them again. I have an SL5 with a stove boot so it's great for light winter camping, but I never got a nest and thusly my wife and kids do not love sleeping in it in the summer due to creeping crawlies and buzzing stingies. I don't see an option on their website that analogous to the SL5 but at least its encouraging they are starting up part of the line.

What boot did you install in it and did you do it yourself or send it away? I just picked up at SL5 and want to install a boot on it.

I have an SL5 with the liner. I had Bearpaw Design add a stove jack to the fly only. Great company to work with.

What boot did you install in it and did you do it yourself or send it away? I just picked up at SL5 and want to install a boot on it.

It’s been a long time but I’m pretty sure I ordered the boot from ti goat then had a local canvas shop sew it in. Cost about $75 all in.

I have an SL5 with the liner. I had Bearpaw Design add a stove jack to the fly only. Great company to work with.
Glad to hear this. I was thinking about going with them, but I’ve been a little apprehensive because of some reviews I’ve read.

It’s been a long time but I’m pretty sure I ordered the boot from ti goat then had a local canvas shop sew it in. Cost about $75 all in.
I was thinking of going this route as well, but I need to find a decent shop.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back