Montana Mtn Goat District 362

IdahoBackCountryMan

A friend of mine, that is a Montana resident, drew a mountain goat tag for the west yellowstone district of 362. Any pointers for hunting this area and where to target as the primary areas of interest...? Right now we are looking at the White Peak/ Redstreak Peak area. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TB from Idaho

Call the biologist, to my knowledge I believe that's a new holiday district thanks to the efforts of the RMGA and the fwp and their counts. Julie is probably gonna be the greatest asset of knowledge. Good luck, it's a tough country to find a true giant Billy if it's the same area I'm thinking of.

I've elk hunted that area. As I recall, the goat habitat is relatively concentrated and not that hard to pick out.

Thank you for the input. We are awaiting the biologist to call back and in the mean time are e-scouting like crazy and have a few trips planned to head out there.

Thank you, been a member for awhile but never posted but this hunt is too important to not try and get some outside help. This is my friends hunt but she has asked me to assist with a lot of the scouting aspects.

The tag holder is a lady! Nice, I hope she finds a good goat and has an awesome hunt in some cool country. Have her post up a few pics from the hunt, please.

The rmga is going up there to do another count next weekend. You should contact them and take part in the survey. You’ll likely get to hear EVERYONE’s results. That’s like have a dozen free scouting partners lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back